PDA

View Full Version : Question for Terry or anyone else that may know

03LightningRocks
08-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Where in the exhaust system would you weld the bung for a wideban O2 sensor, to get the most acurate "before cat" A/F readings?

I have one of the LM1 A/F meters and I have to weld in a bung for the Bosch sensor.

Rockshttp://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/2460-3518-101380.jpg

bobbywade69
08-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I always thought the best place was in tha collector of your headers:tu:

03LightningRocks
08-29-2004, 08:08 PM
I always thought the best place was in tha collector of your headers:tu:
Kewl...........Now I just need to rig an extension tube coming out the side of my truck, so I don't have to crawl under it every time I am checking the tune.

Thanks,

Rocks

bobbywade69
08-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Now i don't know about an extension tube, I don't think u can get a true reading off that!

Kewl...........Now I just need to rig an extension tube coming out the side of my truck, so I don't have to crawl under it every time I am checking the tune.

Thanks,

Rocks

WA 2 FST
08-29-2004, 09:01 PM
I had a Bailey AFM-1 wideband in my old Mustang (when I was tuning that thing wide-bands hadn't even made it to the dynos yet... plus its a great tool to work with for part-throttle driveability tuning!). I did just like bobbywade said... put the bung in the driver's side (leanest bank on a Fox-3 Mustang) header collector. But the O2 sensor had long enough wiring to reach all the way inside the cabin to the meter.

I would definitely not weld on some extension tube. You shouldn't have to extend the wires of that O2, either. Looks pretty long to me, but if you have to that would stil be better, and more accurate, than fabbing up an extension tube in the exhaust.

just my $.02.

03LightningRocks
08-29-2004, 09:05 PM
The extension tube was a joke....LOL. :rll:

With this tool, it is not meant to be left in after you have done your business with it. The bung comes with a cap so it can be removed.

Mark #2
08-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Ron,
Just curious, but I thought you were the EGT king, now you bailed and went with the wideband A/F. What's up with that?

03LightningRocks
08-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Ron,
Just curious, but I thought you were the EGT king, now you bailed and went with the wideband A/F. What's up with that?
LOL.......No, I am still a very firm believer in using the EGT gage. The LM1 is not meant to be put on and left. It is for checking A/F during tuning procedures. It is a wide band sensor and supposedly gives very accurate readings. We shall see. I will be very curious to see how close it gets to what the dyno operator shows.

Nope....no A/F gages on my truck:d . Actually...I was going to suggest you put a EGT on your truck.

Rocks:beer:

Mark #2
08-30-2004, 12:16 PM
LOL.......No, I am still a very firm believer in using the EGT gage. The LM1 is not meant to be put on and left. It is for checking A/F during tuning procedures. It is a wide band sensor and supposedly gives very accurate readings. We shall see. I will be very curious to see how close it gets to what the dyno operator shows.

Nope....no A/F gages on my truck:d . Actually...I was going to suggest you put a EGT on your truck.

Rocks:beer:
Ordered one this morning, along with a Fuel pressure gage, too long without data.
Mark

03LightningRocks
08-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Ordered one this morning, along with a Fuel pressure gage, too long without data.
MarkThe fuel pressure gage is next item on my wish list, along with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator .

Oh...by the way...I have decided to purchase the Raptor data logger from SCT. You may want to check into it. The cost of it is around 475, which is alot more affordable than an NGS at 2500. It works with your laptop.

Rocks

Mark #2
08-30-2004, 03:14 PM
The fuel pressure gage is next item on my wish list, along with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator .

Oh...by the way...I have decided to purchase the Raptor data logger from SCT. You may want to check into it. The cost of it is around 475, which is alot more affordable than an NGS at 2500. It works with your laptop.

Rocks
Just for the record I have a shopping cart full at Jeg's, but trying our local tuner first for the gauges.

Mark