PDA

View Full Version : Nitto 555

Stinkbug
08-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Anyone had any issues with this tire. Sat on I-20 I had the left rear fail. The outside sidewall seperated from the tread. The tire did not come appart it just seperated right at the sidewall and the tread all the way around. The side wall is still on the rim. Tire is 16 months old with 34k on it, I was crusing at 80 mph

L8 APEX
08-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Never, I ran through two sets with everything from raod track sessions, 120mph+ for hours on end peaking over 150, drag racing they never missed a beat. Check the DOT date of manufacture on the tire. It will be a 4 digit code 1402 or such week and year.

anglerx007
08-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Anyone had any issues with this tire. Sat on I-20 I had the left rear fail. The outside sidewall seperated from the tread. The tire did not come appart it just seperated right at the sidewall and the tread all the way around. The side wall is still on the rim. Tire is 16 months old with 34k on it, I was crusing at 80 mph

Two questions: 1) Did you have trouble maintaining control? 2) How much tread was left in your estimation, 34k is a far sight better than the F1's.

Stinkbug
08-30-2004, 07:22 PM
No trouble maintaining control as far as tread 3/32 to the wear bar. These tires hold up signifacantly better than the F1's.

As far as the date 0703 this is the second pair I bought at the end of July rather than april. Mileage still around 30k and these two have been on the rear the entire time. Drag strip three, open road race once, and possible 1-2 street/on ramp accelarations:evil

Great tires until sat. Terry what was the cost at the prefered DT. I was going to order one more myself so as to have two new rather than just one (230+TTL) thought that was high.

This guy in FW off Precinct Line says Nitto is out of stock and Houston was the closest he could find.

dboat
08-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Just got mine a couple of months ago and love them... better in the wet than F1's and cheaper too.. aside from the fact that F1's were out of production and not to be had anywhere in the US was a factor in my decision too.
Dana

L8 APEX
08-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah Nitto closed down for a few weeks and they are scarce. Brandt has been snatching all he could. I know he has the last two sets fo DR's Nitto had, he may have some 555's but they have been selling weekly. His number is in my forum in the tire thread. Our price is $190 555's $230 DR's.