PDA

View Full Version : Front license plate

Jester
08-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Hey everyone, I bought my L from out of state and it never came with a front bracket for the plate. I went up to the Ford house and they had one for $40, and I'm not even real hot on the idea of putting a plate on the front. I know most guys don't, but I also don't want to get pulled over. I'm only 20, and I really don't see how a cop would let that slide with me. How does everyone here without a front plate fair with the cops?

LonghornLightning
08-30-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm also 20, i've driven my truck 4+ months, almost 12 miles...no trouble yet, and i've passed so many cops in broad daylight that I can't name them. I've been hit with laser doing 10 over......I guess i'm just lucky so far.

my2002lightning
08-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Jester,

I used to drive 10-20+ all the time around DFW without front plates and then I started getting a bit nervous about front-plates given some of the posts on here.

I thought I might as well "hang the shingle" seeing how the front was already pre-drilled from the dealership.:rolleyes: Long story.

I put them on and then I get double-tapped by TX. DPS. Go figure.

I suppose it's always good to err on the side of reason and not give "The Man" a reason to pull you over, either way.

Just my $.02

Ronald

98Cobra
08-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Jester,

I thought I might as well "hang the shingle" seeing how the front was already pre-drilled from the dealership.:rolleyes: Long story.
Ronald
What, no :ron: here? I feel cheated.

:D

Saw you at that light today, BTW!

G

my2002lightning
08-31-2004, 12:03 AM
I know Garett! It's killin' me. :crying: :d

Ready for another "that thing got a Hemi ?" challenge? :D

Ronald

What, no :ron: here? I feel cheated.

:D

Saw you at that light today, BTW!

G

PoorSvtman
08-31-2004, 12:04 AM
Hey everyone, I bought my L from out of state and it never came with a front bracket for the plate. I went up to the Ford house and they had one for $40, and I'm not even real hot on the idea of putting a plate on the front. I know most guys don't, but I also don't want to get pulled over. I'm only 20, and I really don't see how a cop would let that slide with me. How does everyone here without a front plate fair with the cops?

If you have a billet grill just get some nuts and bolts and bolt it threw the lower billet grill.... Thats what im gonna do wednesday so i can get my ticket dissmissed.

Also if u want a factory front bracket you can have mine if i can find it. Its somewhere in my shed

L8 APEX
08-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Nor front plates on the Lightning or Corvettes it is sacralige!

tliss
08-31-2004, 05:58 AM
If you have a billet grill just get some nuts and bolts and bolt it threw the lower billet grill.... Thats what im gonna do wednesday so i can get my ticket dissmissed.

Not the best idea if you want air flow through the intercooler core. My thought...no front plate, period. The truck just does not look right with it on there.

Tom

Krystle
08-31-2004, 07:29 AM
I'm 20 too and I've got pulled over 5X in the last year and got only 1 ticket and that was for speeding... Only ONCE was I questioned about my front plate.. I told the trooper that I just got the truck a while back and was never told that a front plate needed to be on there and I would go to the transportation place that next day and get one ordered... I have still yet to do that and I have been pulled over 2 more times after that..:D Knock on wood...

So I say keep it off because it looks better... Unless you are just really parinoid about getting a ticket

Shiner1
08-31-2004, 03:15 PM
I was going to post that I have not been stopped for not having a front plate but I don't want to jinx it, so I'm not going to post.

PoorSvtman
08-31-2004, 06:30 PM
Not the best idea if you want air flow through the intercooler core. My thought...no front plate, period. The truck just does not look right with it on there.

Tom

Oh i know. Im only putting it there for court 2morow :tu: Then gonna go straight home and take it back off lol

Lyfisin
09-01-2004, 07:43 AM
I don't have a front plate on my truck and I've received one verbal and one written warning.

Here's a couple of links to a couple of other front license plate threads. In the end, you're just going to ha

Hope it helps!

In the end, you're just going to have to decide how much potential hassle you want to have.

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6221
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5689

Brook

Mark #2
09-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Don't drive through Richardson without it. I got pulled over coming home from the dealership. Put it on the first day I had the truck.

PoorSvtman
09-01-2004, 06:20 PM
HAHA who ever had to pay for a no front plate ticket might want to get it in arlington.... They dont charge you knana

I went in sat for about 30 mins. ballif went outside i pulled my truck up and he looked to make sure it was secure good and check to make sure it was the correct plate. But he did harrass me about my tint, hes like it looks kinda dark. I was like well its a black truck and i am parked under a tree so its gonna look dark... :bs

FRDRCING
09-01-2004, 07:09 PM
That is funny, how dark did you go on your tint. My new L is black and I have been contimplating on 5% all the way around.

PoorSvtman
09-01-2004, 09:42 PM
That is funny, how dark did you go on your tint. My new L is black and I have been contimplating on 5% all the way around.

its only the legal 20% im about to go darker tho.... I used my tint meter at work and it came up like 19% in side the shop

FRDRCING
09-01-2004, 10:01 PM
I an wanting 5% on the back window and if 20 is all you can do on the door's that I guess that will be fine for me, what about a brow can you get a 5% on that or not?

PoorSvtman
09-01-2004, 10:27 PM
I an wanting 5% on the back window and if 20 is all you can do on the door's that I guess that will be fine for me, what about a brow can you get a 5% on that or not?

For the brow i guess ur talking about the visor on the front windshield. U can have it as dark as u want as long as it dosent pass the as1 line on the windshield.... 20% is the darkest u can go legaly on the front 2 windows, anything else can be dark as u want it to be......

dboat
09-02-2004, 07:57 PM
I did the legal amount on the sides but did the rear with the same stuff and it comes out fine and dark.. :nana2
Dana