PDA

View Full Version : 03Rocks is tied for 4th in points at FFW

Silver_2000
08-31-2004, 09:22 AM
http://www.funfordevents.com/index.php?submenu=Points&src=gendocs&link=Points_List&catid=toptruck

Only 30 points back...

keep up the good work Ron

tliss
08-31-2004, 09:51 AM
Go Ron! You are like my hero and stuff :nana2

Tom

Shiner1
08-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Get'r Done...:nana2

my2002lightning
08-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Uncle Rocks,

I want to be JUST like you when I grow up! :D

Take plenty of pics/video. Laney and I are rootin' for ya'!

Ronald

Sixpipes
08-31-2004, 12:41 PM
Uncle Rocks,

I want to be JUST like you when I grow up! :D

Take plenty of pics/video. Laney and I are rootin' for ya'!

RonaldCorrect me if I'm wrong, but I don't think growing up is a requirement. Actually, growing up might even be frowned on. It's going to be tough making up 40 points with only two races to go, but It can be done. Good luck! :cool:

03LightningRocks
08-31-2004, 07:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think growing up is a requirement. Actually, growing up might even be frowned on. It's going to be tough making up 40 points with only two races to go, but It can be done. Good luck! :cool:
Yes the trick is to NOT grow up...LOL.

Your right Dennis.........it is going to be real tough. I really need to win Cordova. My last three events, I have not done so well, allowing some folks to catch me. Wish me luck in Cordova.......I need to stay in at least three rounds more than each person above me. I believe I can do it though..........knana .

Thanks for all the well wishes guys....it is appreciated.

Rocks

Crawford
08-31-2004, 08:07 PM
Ron,
Go kick some a$$ man!!!

Sixpipes
09-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Looks like Ron had some bad luck at Cordova today.:(

02BOLT
09-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Looks like Ron had some bad luck at Cordova today.:(
What happened?

Sixpipes
09-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Just looking at the 2nd round eliminations results and didn't see Ron's name. Looks like he may have exited in the first round. :cool:

http://forums.funfordevents.com/showthread.php?t=5160

02BOLT
09-13-2004, 08:03 AM
Just looking at the 2nd round eliminations results and didn't see Ron's name. Looks like he may have exited in the first round. :cool:

http://forums.funfordevents.com/showthread.php?t=5160
10-4. As bad as that is, from the tone of your post, I thought maybe something even worse may have happened. Anyway...hang in there Ron!;)

Dennis, I'll be hollerin' atcha later today....

03LightningRocks
09-13-2004, 08:56 AM
What happened?I just got home. We drove all night. Yep....I managed to run 1000th off my dial in and still fricking get put out. I cut one of the crappiest lights I had cut all week end, .080 and he cut a .008 light. I was closer to my dial by a long shot, but the lights got me.

On a brighter note, I did get to the quarter finals in QF. There where around 100 entries, so I felt pretty good about that. I got my lights back down to the .03x range and was still hitting within 2000th of my dial. Then I came up with the great idea of moving my dial up to 12.05 from 11.98. I figured the truck would slow down, since I had just hot lapped 5 rounds. I broke out with A 12.025.

Because of the way the points ended up at the end of the day, I would need something comparable to the "parting of the sea", to get the truck. I am still going to try like heck to win Ennis, regardless of how the points end up.

I am hoping like heck we have a new record T/T turn out for Ennis, but with so many of our bracket racers planning to do the TMMC thing, I think I am screwed.....

Rocks:(

True Blue Aggie
09-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Rocks...I would be there to back you up, but I am close enough to the top in my bracket that I absolutely need to race Kennedale on Sun. What is the deal on racing on Sat. at FFW? Is there something I could race in Sat. that would finish on Sat.? Or do all the different events finish on Sun.?

StormShadow
09-13-2004, 12:23 PM
I think I'm going to go out there Ron.

03LightningRocks
09-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Rocks...I would be there to back you up, but I am close enough to the top in my bracket that I absolutely need to race Kennedale on Sun. What is the deal on racing on Sat. at FFW? Is there something I could race in Sat. that would finish on Sat.? Or do all the different events finish on Sun.?
Holy Cow!!!!!!!! Maybe I shouldn't have said that. When I posted I did not really think about how it would sound. I had just gotten in from a 14 hour drive from Illinois:beer: . I think you should run the TMMC event. Any of you folks that are running the TMMC event should stick by your commitment to TMMC.....I would:eek: . You too Adam:nono: . The Talon club also gets total points for TMMC.....we need to see the Talon club at the top of that list. It would take a 150 truck entry to get me enough points to catch up...LOL. and then I would have to be the only one to get out of the first round...LOL.

Besides.....what if you enter and then put ME out....that would suck:o . And I sure as hell would not want a win because of a lay down...so forget it....no guilt...no looking back. Go kick some arse my friend......

Look fellows...the way I see it is that I had a pretty good season for the first year I have ever done this. Traveling all over the country racing, takes one heck of alot out of a person. I learned alot about racing a circuit and plan to hit it next year with a vengence they have never seen beforeknana .

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
09-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Oh........by the way...if you want to come out Saturday and run street ford or quick ford for some practice, that would be cool.

I believe you can enter those and not have to spend the money joining the FFW.

So I hope to see some of you running in one of the brackets......I plan to do Quick Ford in addition to the TT class....

True Blue Aggie
09-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Rocks...I'm almost in the same position as you. I need to win one of these races or there will be little hope of me finishing at the top. I figure at the next race that I am just gonna start lining up next to all the people ahead of me in the points, and start taking them out. :D

http://www.tmccc.org/results.html
Here are the current point standings for Dennis, Adam, and myself.

03LightningRocks
09-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Rocks...I'm almost in the same position as you. I need to win one of these races or there will be little hope of me finishing at the top. I figure at the next race that I am just gonna start lining up next to all the people ahead of me in the points, and start taking them out. :D

http://www.tmccc.org/results.html
That sounds like a plan to me. Good luck to you Michael. I am now hoping to be the "spoiler":rll: . Let's just see if I can turn the winners list upside down.

There is more than one way to have fun at these things:beer: .

Bust em up Michael:tu:

03LightningRocks
09-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Just looking at the points on that list, I don't see Howard on there. He raced at two of the events at the beginning of the year. He obviously isn't in the points chase, but the Talon Total is less than it should be.

Dennis may want to take a look to see if any other points are missing. I was planning to hit the last couple of events of y'alls season to give the Talon group a few more points........