PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Fest Charity Raffle - Help Out if you can and you might win something

Silver_2000
08-31-2004, 11:27 AM
This year at Lightning Fest Wayne M - Aka PFA has organized a charity raffle to raise money for The Walk to Cure Diabetes sponsored by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. For Every $10 Contribution you get an entry in the raffle for some prizes.

The details are here
http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76423

Link to the JDRF form where you can support Stephanie’s participation in the Walk http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=85803667

There are a number of Lightning enthusiasts with Diabetes. Wayne’s daughter, some of Dwight’s ( Big D ) family and myself are all counting on organizations like the JDRF to come up with treatments to cure the disease and prevent the painful and life threatening complications that many of us have to look forward to. I have been a Type 1 diabetic for many years and in my mind the JDRF has some of the most promising research and they are recieving the vast majority of my charitable donations.

I dont have any products to donate for the Raffle so I made a cash contribution. Hopefully some of the generous folks here can chip in for this worthy cause.

Thanks in advance.
Doug

03LightningRocks
09-05-2004, 02:21 AM
Doug,

I will be donating a Predator tuner for the drawing. I have talked to Sal at PSP and he has gratiously offered to donate a custom tune for it at Lightningfest.

Here is the chance to get a data logger and a great tune from one of the top tuners for the low cost of a couple raffle tickets.

It's a great cause.

Rocks:beer:

Silver_2000
09-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Rocks THANKS

Hope you dont mind I updated the thread ON F150 with this info

03LightningRocks
09-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Rocks THANKS

Hope you dont mind I updated the thread ON F150 with this info

There was a little selfish motivation. As I told you at the meeting. Diabetes has had a hand in making my life a bit more complicated. My childrens mother....and there grandmother on my side have diabetes. There great grandmother also had diabetes.

Both of my children have a very high risk of developing the disease. I have a very personal stake in seeing a cure in the next few years.

Rocks :beer: