PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Oasis Car Wash in Addison

Crawford
08-01-2002, 02:06 PM
I just wanted to share with the group an experience that I had during lunch at Oasis Car Wash in Addison.

I went there today to get my car washed for the Lightning meeting this evening. Their Superworks wash is about $18 with a $1 upcharge for having an SUV.

There are windows inside the place that allow you to see you vehicle as it gets washed. Well I noticed that the 3 tubes of soap and wax are not fully working. Only one of the soaps was coming out. Last time I went to this place they were experiencing the exact same problem. So in normal fashion I notify the sales clerk and she notifies the manager. He goes out and works on it for about 45 minutes. This whole time I am standing there waiting for all of the soaps to start working before I ask them to run my truck through the wash. After all I want to get my $20 wash right?

The whole time they are trying to fix the system they are running cars through and charging the customers full price and not telling them that they are not getting what they are paying for. The light for superworks was lit up on every car which means they are all supposed to get the 3 soaps. This was upsetting that they were doing this to their customers!

Well they finally fix the problem and the manager tells me to go tell the people in the back that dry the vehicles to pull it through again.

Here is where the fun starts...

I go to the back and notice that they have pulled my truck out of the way to allow room to work on all of the other vehicles that were in line after me (and getting ripped off). I get the keys to my truck to pull it back around personally. I noticed that they had pulled my truck up onto a curb! I walked in and notified the manager and had him come out to see. I didnt pull the truck back off the curb so he could see they had messed up my front bumper. I pulled the truck away from the curb in his presence and sure enough the front was very badly scratched and covered in white paint where it had been pulled up onto the curb.

After the manager and one of the other employees rubbed on the scratches for a few minutes and eventually took pictures of the damage. I filled out plenty of paperwork and listened to the manager try like crazy to talk me into getting my truck fixed out of my own pocket then try to get the money back from them!!! That sounds like a sure fire way to get ripped off to me! He told me that I didnt have to pay for my wash which was not done correctly anyways and I left. They never made any offers to try to make me happy. Just fill out this stuff, and by the way sorry bout that, have a nice day...

I pulled the truck around to Bankston's body shop to get an estimate right away. Sure enough they had done damage to the tune of $892.19 to my truck.

Sad thing is, when it all boils down, I went to the car wash only to let them run my truck into a curb and watch while they ran cars through the wash not getting what customers paid for and ruined a truck that I have had for a year and managed to keep it flawless minus one small ding on the passanger door. I was pretty proud of that.

I just wanted to inform everyone about my experience. I will be sending an email to their corporate office explaining my experience and dissatisfaction. I will be sure to put a link to this post in my email that I send them.

Thanks everyone for lending me your ear.

98Cobra
08-01-2002, 03:00 PM
I hope they take care of this to your satisfaction. They really do need to be more careful with customer's cars.

TXBLU
08-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Never trust anyone with your stuff, unless you have confidence in thier ability to perform the job correctly, or you simply have no choice. It's a sad comentary on life these days. It used to be that pride in one's work was the rule, now it is the exception. I'm just glad it's not that way in aircraft maintenance (at least not in MY company). I hope you can get something out of them.:hammer:

Moonshine
08-01-2002, 04:01 PM
That really stinks, but I can't believe you'd publicly admit to taking your L. to a commercial car wash. ;) Don't tell anyone, but I did the same at lunch for the same reason. Luckily, they didn't tear mine up. I agree that you're ripe for a ripoff if you pay for repairs up front. Seems to me that they should have insurance which should pay you based upon the estimate you obtained. If they stall you can always park out front (off their property) with a big sign on the side "Ask me about the damage Oasis did to my truck". You can run off $892 worth of potential customers in just a few hours.

Crawford
08-01-2002, 04:05 PM
Well I sent an email to their customer service address which was very similar to the above post.

I called the car wash and asked to speak to the manager to verify that he had received the estimate. He was too busy to talk to me but the person that answered the phone told me that he did receive the fax and that now I have to wait to be contacted by the Oasis Car Wash company.

I guess now the waiting begins..........

Crawford
08-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine
That really stinks, but I can't believe you'd publicly admit to taking your L. to a commercial car wash. ;) Don't tell anyone, but I did the same at lunch for the same reason. Luckily, they didn't tear mine up. I agree that you're ripe for a ripoff if you pay for repairs up front. Seems to me that they should have insurance which should pay you based upon the estimate you obtained. If they stall you can always park out front (off their property) with a big sign on the side "Ask me about the damage Oasis did to my truck". You can run off $892 worth of potential customers in just a few hours.

Well I know its a bad thing but I live in an apartment complex so I dont have much choice. My only other option would be to take it to a coin op wash and bring my own mitts to scrub the truch with instead of the nasty brushes.

If they give me trouble that might be a good idea. It wouldnt take much to fight fire with fire on this one. Hopefully they will take care of business professionally and it wont come to that.

George G.
08-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
...My only other option would be to take it to a coin op wash and bring my own mitts to scrub the truch with instead of the nasty brushes.

Went to the car wash last night, in hopes to make a good appearance. I thought I'd be slick and do that to my truck:nono: never again! After I rinsed my truck down, and used the brush to apply blobs of their "soap" I used my own towel to scrub. After the final rinse the only thing I had was residue ALL over my truck and my less than 2 week old wax job was stripped off! Now I gotta compound and wax that monster all over again.:flaming: I was ticked. It looks so bad, it's almost too embarassing to get my sticker. That and my F-ed up bumpers makes it look really nice!:vomit:

98Cobra
08-02-2002, 08:49 AM
stang460 - Oh, so that was YOUR truck last night? I wondered about that film on your tailgate. ;)

George G.
08-02-2002, 09:28 AM
Yup! That there was my pickemup! Gotta start bright and early tomorrow to clean it up.

Crawford
08-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Just a little update. I have not heard anything from them at all yet. I called yesterday and left a message with their corporate claims voicemail. I called again today and left another message. Sad thing is they say they will return calls in the order that they are received... guess they damage cars all of the time over there or something. I just want my truck fixed!

Actionpike
08-07-2002, 03:12 PM
I had someone decide to tow my truck out of my apartment complex back in July. Luckily I had Lo-Jack on my truck and the Balch Springs police found it at this tow place. I went to the manager of the apartment complex to see if she had my truck towed. She said she didn't and showed me the paperwork. She also showed me the contract that she has with the towing company and she is the one that has to tell them to tow the vehicles. So they took it without authorization!!!!! :hammer:
Well at first I was just glad to have my truck back but when I picked it up at the place my attitude changed. I noticed when they hooked up to it and lifted it they had completely scratched the paint off of the bottom part of the ground effects that enclose the foglights. I went to the so called manager and complained to him, he was already ****ed because the cops had been there that morning. He started yelling and cussing at me and told me I better sue him to get it fixed. So I yelled at him a couple of times and left. I called my insurance and reported it to them. So now State Farm is going after them for the damage. I went ahead and paid my 100 ded. and got it fixed. The total bill was 500 and something. My insurance is still fighting them for the money. Good luck on getting yours fixed. :flaming:

Crawford
08-07-2002, 03:22 PM
That is a bad story!
On a good note I got a call from the manager at the Addison Oasis and he told me he should have a check for me in a couple weeks. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

BLUSVT
08-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Man the sad thing is that no one cares about anyone else anymore it seems like everybody only cares about themselves.
And it is truly sad when a business does that to a customer and then the customer has to go through the hassle of getting it taken care of, it doesn't seem fair but it happens everyday man i hope they do something about your truck but in the mean time I won't be taking my truck to Oasis and really until the matter gets taken care of I do not think the whole board should give Oasis any money there are plenty of other car washs that do great jobs. Lets all take a stand against this crap.

MadMax
08-09-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Crawford
That is a bad story!
On a good note I got a call from the manager at the Addison Oasis and he told me he should have a check for me in a couple weeks. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

we could get big signs...tell everyone how much of a rip off they are and block all entrances with Lightning trucks...or should we confer with City Hall to get the necessary permits... j/k...LOL

that sucks! 18.00 dollar car wash otta come with a .....oops.. :eek: