PDA

View Full Version : Kenne Bell Ripped me off............

03LightningRocks
09-01-2004, 09:45 PM
I have felt a bit left out after a couple years of not being able to make a, "(insert name here)...focked me", post.

I finally get my chance. I ordered 3 pulleys for my Kenne Bell. I just opened the box. They only sent me two.

Now I realize that I don't have all the details yet....but what the heck....I didn't want to let this opportunity pass:D .

Sooooooo....here goes...

Kenne Bell Sucks...blah blah blah.....bunch of crooks...blah blah blah.....ripped me off....blah blah blah. Don't buy there stuff...blah blah blah.....wha..wha..wha....boo hoo...poor me....

Oh wait....I paid by credit card. I get the last laugh:evil .

Stay tuned...more to come,
Rocks

Tex Arcana
09-01-2004, 10:00 PM
I have felt a bit left out after a couple years of not being able to make a, "(insert name here)...focked me", post.

I finally get my chance. I ordered 3 pulleys for my Kenne Bell. I just opened the box. They only sent me two.

Now I realize that I don't have all the details yet....but what the heck....I didn't want to let this opportunity pass:D .

Sooooooo....here goes...

Kenne Bell Sucks...blah blah blah.....bunch of crooks...blah blah blah.....ripped me off....blah blah blah. Don't buy there stuff...blah blah blah.....wha..wha..wha....boo hoo...poor me....

Rocks

Speaking of which.. how *is* that KB working for you? Do you have the oil blowby issues I've heard of?

StormShadow
09-01-2004, 10:04 PM
:rll: ...:rll:

bobbywade69
09-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Always puttin down "THA MAN" :D

Tex Arcana
09-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Always puttin down "THA MAN" :D

DA MAN should ALWAYS be put in his place!! :mad:

03LightningRocks
09-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Speaking of which.. how *is* that KB working for you? Do you have the oil blowby issues I've heard of?

It works great. At 15lbs of boost, I run anywhere from 11.7x's to 11.9x's, in 85+ dgree weather.

In New Hampshire it was running 11.8x's and that was with me lifting at the 1000 ft mark. The altitude density there was as low as 600 ft at times. That would be a great place to set a personal best. To compare...the altitude density in Bristol Tn. was as high as 3400 ft. There it was running 11.91 if I ran it out the back door. 12.1x's lifting at the 1000 ft.

I'd have to say, the Kenne Bell is Da Stuff.

The oil sucking hasn't been an issue yet, but I really haven't pushed the boost much past 15lbs. The FFW is brackets and consistancy is more important to me right now than low E.T.'s

Tex Arcana
09-01-2004, 10:21 PM
It works great. At 15lbs of boost, I run anywhere from 11.7x's to 11.9x's, in 85+ dgree weather.

In New Hampshire it was running 11.8x's and that was with me lifting at the 1000 ft mark. The altitude density there was as low as 600 ft at times. That would be a great place to set a personal best. To compare...the altitude density in Bristol Tn. was as high as 3400 ft. There it was running 11.91 if I ran it out the back door. 12.1x's lifting at the 1000 ft.

I'd have to say, the Kenne Bell is Da Stuff.

The oil sucking hasn't been an issue yet, but I really haven't pushed the boost much past 15lbs. The FFW is brackets and consistancy is more important to me right now than low E.T.'s

Coleman on SVTTExas has a Cobra that he put one of those on, and he had to put on a collection tank system, because the boost was pushing lubricating oil out the nosepiece and the gear drive. However, last I heard he was pushing 17-18psi., IIRC. :eek:

03LightningRocks
09-01-2004, 10:29 PM
........... because the boost was pushing lubricating oil out the nosepiece and the gear drive. However, last I heard he was pushing 17-18psi., IIRC. :eek:

Now that's one I hadn't heard about yet. So far, mine hasn't done that. I believe my man Rob pushed this same KB to 19 lbs of boost and he didn't have that happen.

I'll keep an eye on it though. Thanks for the heads up.:tu:

Tex Arcana
09-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Now that's one I hadn't heard about yet. So far, mine hasn't done that. I believe my man Rob pushed this same KB to 19 lbs of boost and he didn't have that happen.

I'll keep an eye on it though. Thanks for the heads up.:tu:

Got any pics, slips, vids of your runs at FFW?? Iv'e got a few skeptics who need enlightenment. :D

03LightningRocks
09-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Got any pics, slips, vids of your runs at FFW?? Iv'e got a few skeptics who need enlightenment. :D

LOL........Unfortunately I have a few competitors that would love some enlightenment....so for right now, I really can't post my slips. That's why I haven't updated any of my best times. They all know I have been sand bagging...they just don't know for sure how much...LOL.

Your skeptics will have to remain skeptical fopr now....:evil . They would really crap to know that there are usually at least 4-5 trucks at every FFW event that are faster than mine.

Shiner1
09-02-2004, 09:50 AM

Sooooooo....here goes...

Rocks:rll: :rll: no wait....:rll: Gotta get me one of those KB's and a built motor. Terry are you hearing this.

L8 APEX
09-02-2004, 10:33 AM
That's what you get for ordering KB pullies farker! Run Reichard Racing pulleys you tool!

03LightningRocks
09-02-2004, 12:33 PM
That's what you get for ordering KB pullies farker! Run Reichard Racing pulleys you tool!

I really don't like the Reichard Pullies............:rolleyes: . Well, I just talked to Kenne Bell. The third pulley is on back order:hammer: . I'm suppose to have it next week.

Sixpipes
09-02-2004, 01:00 PM
KB on Mark #2's stock block 2000. 11.80's not too shabby. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5679&sort=1&cat=500&page=10

03LightningRocks
09-02-2004, 01:38 PM
KB on Mark #2's stock block 2000. 11.80's not too shabby. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5679&sort=1&cat=500&page=10

If you look at his 60 and then his MPH......there was probably an 11.6x or 11.7x pass in that run.

If I'm remembering right....I was thinking that Rob got some 11.7x's on his stock block also using the Kenne Bell.
Back when he first got his Kenne Bell, and mine was still on the Heaton, he and I would be running the exact same boost and had the exact same mods. His truck would consistantly do about 3 tenths quicker than mine on the same day.
Right now, I run about 2-3 tenths quicker at about 1-2lbs less boost than she ran with the stock blower. A part of that is in the better control with my Pro-M, but most of it is in the blower.

The difference is obviously in the efficiency of the Blowers.

L8 APEX
09-02-2004, 02:28 PM
If I remember right Rob ran an 11.61, 11.64, & 11.68. Back to back to back hotlapping at Hallsville stock block and street tune.

03LightningRocks
09-02-2004, 03:39 PM
If I remember right Rob ran an 11.61, 11.64, & 11.68. Back to back to back hotlapping at Hallsville stock block and street tune.

That sounds correct. My memory back then fades between mods...LOL. They all just blur together:rll: .

02BOLT
09-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Well, I don't know if I'd call it hot lapping.;) I believe I made 4-5 passes that day, about 30 or so minutes apart, all in the 11.60's at anywhere from 116-117 mph. My first pass was the best of the day and was an 11.61 at 117.6 mph. That was with a 2lb lower and 3" upper pulley combo seeing 15psi.

IMHO, the KB is THE shiznit for these trucks, in terms of ease of installation, performance gains, and overall efficiency, there's not another aftermarket blower for these trucks that can offer the total package that the KB does......BAR NONE!:burnout:

Mine ran perfectly on my truck, and continues to run perfectly on Rock's truck. I have never heard of oil-spewing problems with the Lightning KB's. I have heard of the Cobra KB's doing it, but they are of a completely different case design as compared to the L's.

Later...:D