PDA

View Full Version : Ball Joint

rickgig
09-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Guys... I need to replace the ball joint on the drives side... I'd like to try this myself. Anyone have any advice they can share to help me in this effort. Fords answer is to replace the entire A-frame...

I'll need a ball joint press. Can I get one from Autozone or someone like that the rents/loans tools if you buy their parts?

I am more than capable in my skills and have everything I need except the ball joint press.

Mark #2
09-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Guys... I need to replace the ball joint on the drives side... I'd like to try this myself. Anyone have any advice they can share to help me in this effort. Fords answer is to replace the entire A-frame...

I'll need a ball joint press. Can I get one from Autozone or someone like that the rents/loans tools if you buy their parts?

I am more than capable in my skills and have everything I need except the ball joint press.
Yup, I have stopped purchasing tools, between Autozone and Pep boys they have just about everything in their rental tool box. You do not have to purchase their parts to borrow their tools.
Mark

rickgig
09-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Great program... now if they'd only do that with cars so I have something to drive while I am working on mine.:)