PDA

View Full Version : Feel beat up ...

Silver_2000
09-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Went to Dallas Gun CLub and shot 4 rounds of Skeet

Its harder than it looks ...

My Right wrist and my jaw are both killing me...

If you play you gotta pay .. LOL

my2002lightning
09-03-2004, 11:21 PM
I hear ya', Doug.

As Elmer Keith once said, "You ain't a man if you can't handle recoil."

I've taken a decent "beating" from my .44 Mag. Desert Eagle and .300 Win. Mag. Ruger M77 Mk. II.

But, it was worth it. :tu:

03LightningRocks
09-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Went to Dallas Gun CLub and shot 4 rounds of Skeet

Its harder than it looks ...

My Right wrist and my jaw are both killing me...

If you play you gotta pay .. LOL

12 gage....or 20 gage???

Back in my youth, 12 gage was the only way I would go.....I think it was a "big dick" thang...LOL. A few years back, I started getting all kinds of aches and pains after shooting my 12 gage. So when I bought my Browning over and under some 5 years ago...I thought long and hard....20 gage was the choice. It made the shooting a whole lot more enjoyable...but I had to get my accuracy in check:hammer: .

So....now that I am done with my own :ron: , how did you do?

Silver_2000
09-04-2004, 01:23 AM
12 gage....or 20 gage???

Back in my youth, 12 gage was the only way I would go.....I think it was a "big dick" thang...LOL. A few years back, I started getting all kinds of aches and pains after shooting my 12 gage. So when I bought my Browning over and under some 5 years ago...I thought long and hard....20 gage was the choice. It made the shooting a whole lot more enjoyable...but I had to get my accuracy in check:hammer: .

So....now that I am done with my own :ron: , how did you do?
12 guage PUMP - No gas operation to soak up the recoil

It was the first time I ever shot clay at an organized place - Every other time was in some guys back yard...

I really enjoyed it - As the day went on I was hitting about 50% or so - Went with one of my tech support customers - He is in the gun business. He's a really good shot and had a couple really nice guns.
I was more used to my old cheap winchester 1300 pump ... Plus the stock on one of his guns cost more than my first 2 cars...

While I was in the parking lot another customer walked up and said hello - Wondering If I can justify the $1000 a year membership for business purposes.. LOL
NOT

03LightningRocks
09-04-2004, 01:34 AM
Heck..........50% isn't bad for a novice shooter. I haven't fired my 20 gage in 2 years. I probably couldn't hit 25%:rll: .

It is alot of fun though......thinking about it now, I miss it.

Wht95Lightning
09-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't fired a shotgun in over 10 years.

What does $1000 :eek2: a year buy you?

Silver_2000
09-04-2004, 09:52 AM
At the end of the day being generous I was maybe hitting 50%

Strange thing is I am only slightly sore in the shoulder - My Jaw and hand are worse - I must have been soaking up the recoil with my face.. LOL

As I understand it the Initiation is $3k and its $1k a year - That just give you the right to go there to shoot. You get a locker...

Then you have tot pay a small fee for use of the various sites. I think that 4 rounds of skeet and lunch was $40 ...

NOt sure how many shots I really took because I was missing so many and he was giving me pointers and I reshot a lot of the stations in an attempt to learn..

Doug