PDA

View Full Version : supercharger removal

FRDRCING
09-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Dad and I are pulling my supercharger off on sunday and have a few questions. It is going to apten and was wondering do they provide a new gasket seal for the supercharger or do I need to call my local dealer and get one and if so what all parts needed for the install after I get ti back. I also want to clean out the IC while it is gone any special chemical needed for that other than taking a rag and rub it clean and dry? All info. is needed never done this before. Is it okay to clean the inside of the tb as well for any grime that may have built up. Also I an wanting to stay with my 4# lower and possible a 2.8 upper and Idler kit if funds are available. My chip is being sent out to sal at PSP to program it for the changes. Will it be safe on stock heads,rods,pistons ect.?

Avalanche
09-09-2004, 06:22 PM
The gasket is reuseable it is metal. The intercooler to clean it you will need to remove it and get about 6 or so cans of carb cleaner and spray the veins. It will take about one hour to remove it. I would sugest while you have the blower off to check your plugs it is alot easier to get to them at that time. Good luck and remember to keep track of ALL your nuts!!!!:rll:

FRDRCING
09-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah I will probally change them as well, the previous owner said they are due to be changed so I can do that as well. Did not think of that thanks.

WA 2 FST
09-09-2004, 08:44 PM
I am going to be doing mine within the next 4-5 weeks as time permits. I'm glad to hear the plugs are easier to change with the blower off. :D I have to swap them anyway, as I still have the stockers (3700 miles). I will be interested to see just how bad my I/C looks after only a few months of ownership. I installed an oil seperator before I hit 700 miles on the odo, so I'm hoping the I/C is clean.

Let us know how the install goes for you.

99WhiteBeast
09-09-2004, 09:17 PM
no on gasket- 3 cans (aerosol) of Berryman's B12-works wonders:tu:

13mm swivel a must and 13mm deep also needed with a couple of long extensions.

SC and Intercooler bolts are supposedly torque to yield- use only once so they say.

Some have replaced theirs others have reused- Its about $80 bucks for the new bolts from Ford and they usually have to order them.

Shiner1
09-10-2004, 12:45 PM
He said " Keep track of your nuts" :rll: :rll: