PDA

View Full Version : Denton Dragway

Razor
09-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Went with a few buddies last night...a long cool tire slippin night. Best time I was able to turn on 95% worn F1's was 8.70. Very sad. I'm heading back with slicks since I lost to a dork in a stock lightning that says this Talon Club stuff is basically lame and putting money in the L is not needed since his stock L runs 12.70's on his tall arse farm tires.:rll:

Chris

Flats Man
09-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Them is fightin words Chris!! Go get that farmer! It wasn't Ivanhoe was it?? lol

Razor
09-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Na, some defect from up north. Ivanhoe has some slicks...I need to make a road trip! I think my truck has deep 8."s in it considering it litteral spun the tire 10,000 X ever run!:eek: :hammer: :nono:

tliss
09-11-2004, 10:35 AM
When did you go? I left about 11 or so. Getting some tree practice and trying out the new slicks. There were 3 Lightnings out there while I was there, and one remained when I left. If I would've know you were coming I'd have stuck around!

I have to agree..it was slick out there. 1.98 60' on slicks sucks ass!! On my first run, I helped the track delay the next start since I left this giant cloud of smoke from my burnout at the starting line. I love this line lock!!!
Tom

StormShadow
09-11-2004, 12:45 PM
I may need to take a trip up there.

True Blue Aggie
09-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Tom,

Are you running traction bars with your slicks? Mine are not coming in until next week, and I have the slicks sitting in my garage and a race tomorrow morning. I have heard about the wheel hop possibilites, but I just have not been able to find out enough about it to see how big a problem it might be to run the slicks....

tliss
09-11-2004, 02:37 PM
I've had bars on my truck for a while now...I wasn't wanting to risk running slicks without it. It doesn't seem to worry Lightning Bobby one bit, though! :D

I'm pretty sure you'll be OK running the slicks without the bars, but there is a risk involved. I personally wouldn't take that risk, especially with a daily driver.

Tom

lenard_hester
09-12-2004, 03:49 PM
I didn't find it to be to slick out there. In fact of the last three times I have been out, that was the only time I could get any traction. I ran a 1.95 60' on street tires. Maybe it was just a good night for street tires. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I had fun anyway. Ran an 8.48 @ 82.48, my best run yet.

Razor
09-12-2004, 09:32 PM
I think we got there around 10:30..stayed til 1:20 or so. I was with 2 mustang guys... 1 red 1 silver. Red 95 vert/ 7.36 1/8. My truck is red, with a PR sticker on the rear.

I plan on going back if Ivanhoe will let me borrow his slicks for a few passes only. I just want to see what she runs without runin sideways through the 60-100 ft mark. lol

Ivanhoe_Farms
09-13-2004, 08:07 AM
Razor,

The Slicks are stored in the blue van, Knock yourself out!!!:nana2 :nana2 :nana2

bobbywade69
09-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Does not bother me one bit!!! Well sometimes last time I raced I hooked up soo well I seprated my leaf springs when I launched, it didn't mess them up but it did look awfull everyone in tha stands heard it and come up and told me about it!!:d :tu: :evil So we don't need no stinkin T-bars!!!:evil

I've had bars on my truck for a while now...I wasn't wanting to risk running slicks without it. It doesn't seem to worry Lightning Bobby one bit, though! :D

I'm pretty sure you'll be OK running the slicks without the bars, but there is a risk involved. I personally wouldn't take that risk, especially with a daily driver.

Tom