PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Indian Larry

PoorSvtman
09-11-2004, 06:50 PM
"Indian Larry" fell off a motorcycle Saturday while performing before 8,000 people at an arena outside Charlotte. He was not wearing a helmet, the officials said.

Indian Larry was standing on the moving bike when it began to wobble and went out of control, said Mike Downs, Cabarrus County deputy manager. His full name was not immediately known.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040831/ap_en_tv/motorcycle_death_2
http://www.blogofdeath.com/archives/001149.html < has more info

http://www.indianlarry.com/

r1eater
09-11-2004, 09:59 PM
No helmet? What a noob. No matter how good you think you are, you should always where gear...

L8 APEX
09-12-2004, 02:27 AM
I respect the mans choice no to wear a helmet. One look at him and you know he is a non conformist. He was a brilliant fabricator and a nice guy to those he met and competed against. As I see it there is no better way to die than while doing something you love. A family friend went fishing last week. When he never came home his wife called the Parks Dept. He was found dead of a heart attack in his boat at 3am. We'll miss you Larry!

PoorSvtman
09-12-2004, 03:50 AM
He is by far a noob :nono: . He has been around longer than most bike builders. Calling him a noob is like someone calling you a noob for racing your truck with out a helmet, rollcage, full racing safety suit, etc. :tu:

r1eater
09-12-2004, 09:28 AM
He is by far a noob :nono: . He has been around longer than most bike builders. Calling him a noob is like someone calling you a noob for racing your truck with out a helmet, rollcage, full racing safety suit, etc. :tu:

Apples to oranges... If you've never ridden or race bikes then they would seem like apples to apples. One single tiny mistake on a bike and the consequences are huge. All I'm saying is you should always where a helmet especially if you're out doing stunts. I've crashed plenty of times on the bike and I always had my gear on. Helmet saved me more times than anything else. Road rash heals, broken and smashed in skulls don't very well. BTW I do where a helmet when I run the truck down the strip. :)

tliss
09-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Apples to oranges... If you've never ridden or race bikes then they would seem like apples to apples. One single tiny mistake on a bike and the consequences are huge. All I'm saying is you should always where a helmet especially if you're out doing stunts. I've crashed plenty of times on the bike and I always had my gear on. Helmet saved me more times than anything else. Road rash heals, broken and smashed in skulls don't very well. BTW I do where a helmet when I run the truck down the strip. :)
Indian Larry gets all my respect regardless. I'm not sure the exact history, but he was a daredeveil that rode bikes for what could be centuries. He was as old school as they come, and put everything in the hands of God every time he rode his bike. Whether he wore a helmet or not is his choice, and he paid the ultimate sacrifice for his choice. That's the American way. When I first heard about this a few weeks ago, it hit me in a way I neer thought it could. He was a friendly guy that built some pretty cool bikes. The biker community will miss him.

Tom

r1eater
09-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Indian Larry gets all my respect regardless. I'm not sure the exact history, but he was a daredeveil that rode bikes for what could be centuries. He was as old school as they come, and put everything in the hands of God every time he rode his bike. Whether he wore a helmet or not is his choice, and he paid the ultimate sacrifice for his choice. That's the American way. When I first heard about this a few weeks ago, it hit me in a way I neer thought it could. He was a friendly guy that built some pretty cool bikes. The biker community will miss him.

Tom

Tom,

I'm with ya, its just I've lost a few guys I used to ride with to accidents and each time they didnt have gear on. Each time I heard something happen to them I remember thinking wtf, he always wore his gear.. :confused: So now when I hear someone passed on a motorcycle and they dont have gear on, it rubs me the wrong way. I cant help to think that if they had their gear on we'd still be riding together today :(

tliss
09-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Tom,

I'm with ya, its just I've lost a few guys I used to ride with to accidents and each time they didnt have gear on. Each time I heard something happen to them I remember thinking wtf, he always wore his gear.. :confused: So now when I hear someone passed on a motorcycle and they dont have gear on, it rubs me the wrong way. I cant help to think that if they had their gear on we'd still be riding together today :(
Agreed...it is a shame to lose someone because they choose not to protect themselves. All we can do is celebrate the life that was lost in our memories and hope this come as a lesson to everyone.

Tom

00Bolt
09-14-2004, 08:45 AM
well i feel sorry for the guys family and friends.. its sad... but i do agree with r1 on this... a helmet is a MUST!!! i wrecked a gsxr600 going about 110 and if it werent for a helmet, i would be dead or at least a veggy.... im not stunt man, but i have been riding all my life (up until about a year ago my last bike got stolen) but i hit a spot on back 360 where they had put sand or salt or whatever down like a week before... was still in road and hit a twistie and it was all she wrote....