PDA

View Full Version : K&N FIPK Intake?

Jester
09-15-2004, 12:15 PM
I've been looking into intakes, and I'm needing an opinion here. Airaid, K&N, etc.? I'm leaning towards the K&N, but not real sure. Any help would be appreciated. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7921022795&category=38634

Cammin4V
09-15-2004, 01:57 PM
subscribing, i want peoples opinions too.

Nuhklz
09-15-2004, 03:44 PM
I've been looking into intakes, and I'm needing an opinion here. Airaid, K&N, etc.? I'm leaning towards the K&N, but not real sure. Any help would be appreciated. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7921022795&category=38634 I have the K&N FIPK intake and really like it. It made quite a bit of difference over the stock airbox but it isn't drawing outside air from either the fender well or underneath.

I've been thinking about changing to the airraid by next summer after I've finished with a few other mods.

Jester
09-15-2004, 04:02 PM
I have the K&N FIPK intake and really like it. It made quite a bit of difference over the stock airbox but it isn't drawing outside air from either the fender well or underneath.

I've been thinking about changing to the airraid by next summer after I've finished with a few other mods.

I just ordered an Airaid today, it should be in Friday. I like K&N but I get tired of paying for their name and stickers. I don't know how well it will fair against the FIPK, but we'll see. It shows that on a stock 2004 F-150 the Airaid produced 12 more hp and 18 ft. lbs of torque.

Nuhklz
09-15-2004, 04:34 PM
I just ordered an Airaid today, it should be in Friday. I like K&N but I get tired of paying for their name and stickers. I don't know how well it will fair against the FIPK, but we'll see. It shows that on a stock 2004 F-150 the Airaid produced 12 more hp and 18 ft. lbs of torque.
I've always put K&N on my vehicles but I regret jumping in so quick on my L.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bash.gif

my2002lightning
09-15-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm looking to go Air-Raid soon to shield the incoming air from the engine heat/air-wash.

Going from a stock air-box to a 12" cone filter netted ALOT of SOTP improvements on this stock '02.

Good luck.

Jester
09-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Some reasons why I went to Airaid are because the filters are slightly thicker then a K&N, heat shield looks like it covers the filter better, $30 cheaper, and supposedly Airaid tests the intake systems with the stock tubing and factory tubing before to see which one gets the better performance, and in the case for the L they went with factory tubing. I'm also thinking about making a homemade ram air system. I found a single tube brake duct, and some 3" vaccum hose tubing, and I'm thinking about making a hole in the bottom of the Airaid system and running that tubing down past the fenderwell and into the brake duct which will be mounted under the truck. Sorta like the performance induction system from PSP.