PDA

View Full Version : Dupli Color Scratch Repair Kit

00Bolt
09-16-2004, 09:48 AM
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/repair.html

i bought one of these kits last night and a black paint thingy to fix a couple of rock chips I have on my front bumper.

before I use it, i was wanting some pointers or tips from someone who has done this before...

kits is kinda cool, comes with a putty to fill in crack, primer, clear coat, wet sand paper and poslish...

i have about 5-6 small chips, none are very big.... but i notice them and bug me when I wash my truck

Silver_2000
09-16-2004, 10:05 AM
When you get it figured out let us know..

I have about 10,000 little chips and dings..

Ill be surprised if the "putty" sticks to the paint

00Bolt
09-16-2004, 10:09 AM
will do... i dont really think any of my chips are big or deep enough to require the putty... i think ill practice under my hood or something first....

the kit + the black 2in1 paint pen was only $20 at AutoZone

George G.
09-16-2004, 12:25 PM
After you wet sand the area, do they expect you to buff out the sand marks by hand:rll: . You'll need a rotary with some glaze to buff 'em out.

TP Derrick D
09-16-2004, 09:00 PM
When you get it figured out let us know..

I have about 10,000 little chips and dings..

Ill be surprised if the "putty" sticks to the paint

Doug,
I got one of the brush/pen repair kit that I will let you use. I keep it in my glovebox all the time so I will have it at FFW & Truckfest. The other colors are S 0 L !!!!! :rll: They shouda bought Silver. :D

MoorePowerToYou
09-17-2004, 09:26 AM
You can cause more damage than repair for tiny chips. Try using a solvent/cleaner on the chip and just touching a small amount of paint inside the chip with a toothpick.