PDA

View Full Version : Excessive A/C Condensation??

tliss
09-17-2004, 07:25 AM
I wanted to bounce this off of you guys. Today is the first time I've driven my truck in about a week, and it is about 25 miles to work. When I parked and was walking into the office, I noticed a rather large puddle under my truck. It was coming from the passenger side just beside the tranny, and looks like it is coming down from both sides of the frame rail. The liquid coming out is cool, with no noticable odor and has texture more like water than any petroleum-based lube. I figure it is A/C condensation, but I usually only get a couple of drops, not the proverbial Niagara Falls I had this morning. Is this something you guys would be concerned about?

Thoughts?:confused:

Tom

Sixpipes
09-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Extremely humid yesterday. That is not unusual when there is a lot of moisture in the air. I worked on the Gen I project last night and had the same problem, except about the odor issue. Had to keep drinking an excessive amount of Gatorade just to stay hydrated. I wouldn't worry about it. :cool:

03LightningRocks
09-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Extremely humid yesterday. That is not unusual when there is a lot of moisture in the air. I worked on the Gen I project last night and had the same problem, except about the odor issue. Had to keep drinking an excessive amount of Gatorade just to stay hydrated. I wouldn't worry about it. :cool:
What Dennis said..........It was humid as a shower stall yesterday. I was working on my truck around 9 am and after about 10 minutes I was drenched in swet.

Rocks:beer:

sonicbluetommy
09-17-2004, 09:21 AM
I was following a Jeep down I-20 yesterday and I thought it had a radiator leak there was so much water coming off it, literally a constant stream. Got up next to them and finally assummed it was the a/c condensation after seeing another couple of cars doing the same thing.

MoorePowerToYou
09-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Humidity....Our business ACs have been flowing heavily.

Crawford
09-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Tom,
What it means is that you are a dumb ass for not understanding the concept of weather and humidity.

tliss
09-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Tom,
What it means is that you are a dumb ass for not understanding the concept of weather and humidity.
:nono:

Shame on you. Go back into your training and shut the hell up!

I've had this truck for 3 years now...been through hotter and more humid weather than this, and it had never whizzed that much, just a few drops and nothing more...hence the concern.

Better stop being a "liquid cocaine" user...to mood swings seem to be rather violent.....:rll:

Tom

bobbywade69
09-17-2004, 12:40 PM
What both of them said!!!! Like we listen!!!:tu: :D :beer:

What Dennis said..........It was humid as a shower stall yesterday. I was working on my truck around 9 am and after about 10 minutes I was drenched in swet.

Rocks:beer: