PDA

View Full Version : might have made a big mistake with L today...

00Bolt
09-20-2004, 01:10 PM
j/k

thanks bobby!!

tliss
09-20-2004, 02:14 PM
i let bobby take it up to Terrys shop to get dyno tuned.... i couldnt get off work so he took it up there for me.... IM SCARED!!!! i think Ill need a new set of tires at the least!!!

j/k

thanks bobby!! thanks Terry for allowing Jim to tune my truck !!!
Did you measure how much tread was left on your back tires?? Remember...Parking Lot Bobby....:eek:

Tom

StormShadow
09-20-2004, 03:10 PM
I heard that he ran your race tune all day.:evil

03LightningRocks
09-20-2004, 05:39 PM
I heard that he ran your race tune all day.:evil

That wouldn't have been a problem, but he put the 87 octane in it to save money.

I also heard something about Terry picking his nose and wiping it on the seats:eek: .

00Bolt
09-20-2004, 06:34 PM
well guys, believe it or not... i somehow lost 20hp since last winter... hmmm

03LightningRocks
09-20-2004, 06:48 PM
well guys, believe it or not... i somehow lost 20hp since last winter... hmmm
You really are a funny guy. OK...let me try to splain it to ya. You will always dyno at a lower H.P. in the summer than you do in the winter.....as long as your comparing the same mods.

My truck dynoed at 436 or so H.P. on an 83 degree day. I went to Hallsville on a cold(40 degree) day. I ran an 11.81. I had not changed a fricking thing. Do you think my truck was making the same 436 H.P. on the day I ran an 11.81???? Even better...do you think I could run an 11.81 on 436 H.P.????

What do you care anyway....do you ever go to the track...or is H.P. at some dyno a "big dick" thing for you?

Sorry to ge a bit out of shape here...but I get nuts when I read about dyno racing......it makes me sad for the truck. It's kind of like chaining a dog up in the back yard.....it can bark alot...but it ain't really going t do much for ya when the guy is kicking down the front door.

Rocks:rolleyes:

Silver_2000
09-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Just spoke to Jim

The dyno was an odd brand dyno and they had "issues" with it

Its the same dyno Moonshine and I dynoed on a LONG time ago... It was fun because we were able to drive our own trucks on the dyno BUT it was also clear back then that the dyno experts were not there that night.. Based on Jims feedback it appears the dyno experts From Wells werent there today either

SO I wouldnt worry about your power differences - Plus like Uncle rocks said the weather plays a HUGE role in the power these trucks make.

Doug

bobbywade69
09-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Well to start off we have issues with the Lightning and the Dyno, looking at the dyno charts Jim and I were talking about it it seems the spark plugs aew gaped to big and at top end it was blow the spark out!!! Plus it has hot and humid!!! But it wasn't to bad!! I will get these issues worked out next weekend for ya!:tu:

You really are a funny guy. OK...let me try to splain it to ya. You will always dyno at a lower H.P. in the summer than you do in the winter.....as long as your comparing the same mods.

My truck dynoed at 436 or so H.P. on an 83 degree day. I went to Hallsville on a cold(40 degree) day. I ran an 11.81. I had not changed a fricking thing. Do you think my truck was making the same 436 H.P. on the day I ran an 11.81???? Even better...do you think I could run an 11.81 on 436 H.P.????

What do you care anyway....do you ever go to the track...or is H.P. at some dyno a "big dick" thing for you?

Sorry to ge a bit out of shape here...but I get nuts when I read about dyno racing......it makes me sad for the truck. It's kind of like chaining a dog up in the back yard.....it can bark alot...but it ain't really going t do much for ya when the guy is kicking down the front door.

Rocks:rolleyes:

bobbywade69
09-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Yea u probley wan't to check out the tire depth, I know I had to lowered it at least half of what u had!!!! :beer:

i let bobby take it up to Terrys shop to get dyno tuned.... i couldnt get off work so he took it up there for me.... IM SCARED!!!! i think Ill need a new set of tires at the least!!!

j/k

thanks bobby!! thanks Terry for allowing Jim to tune my truck !!!

03LightningRocks
09-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Just spoke to Jim

The dyno was an odd brand dyno and they had "issues" with it

Its the same dyno Moonshine and I dynoed on a LONG time ago... It was fun because we were able to drive our own trucks on the dyno BUT it was also clear back then that the dyno experts were not there that night.. Based on Jims feedback it appears the dyno experts From Wells werent there today either

SO I wouldnt worry about your power differences - Plus like Uncle rocks said the weather plays a HUGE role in the power these trucks make.

Doug
I'll even add a bit more to what Doug posted. I have had my truck on dyno's from Florida to New Jersey and all over Dallas.....most of the pulls where being made for tuning purposes and where being data logged.

I have yet to see the H.P. numbers end up the same at two different dynoes with two different operators.

The point of the dyno is to fine tune your truck.....you now have a dyno tuned vehicle. Nice and safe and it will be consistant at the track.

Rocks:beer:

00Bolt
09-20-2004, 07:53 PM
ha

bobbywade69
09-20-2004, 08:19 PM
No problem, just had to listen to Terry give me crap!!! Other than that its all good, but I'm still making more power!!!:evil

i know its now big deal.. its probably 20 degress hotter than my last dyno and its a totally differnt place (other was speedworks).... i was just hoping (wishful thinking) to see a higher number.... but like Rocks said, guess numbers dont mean anything... i need to get out to the track this fall!!!

thanks again to Terry,Jim and Bobby

p.s. i KNOW FOR A FACT there is tread missing!!! :hammer:

03LightningRocks
09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
......I need to get out to the track this fall!!!

:hammer:

That is what really matters............:nana2 . Then you can start tracking your E.T.'s and let that be the new bench mark.

It sounds like everyone got a good dyno tune today. Nice job Terry:tu: .

StormShadow
09-20-2004, 09:40 PM
:tu: To Terry and Jim today. They worked on my truck for a long time making sure everything was right. I will say this MY TRUCK IS A BEAST NOW! Who want some? :evil

sonicbluetommy
09-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Thanks to Terry and Jim for getting my truck in also....they stayed late to get it in. With just CAI, 4lb pulley, and mild exhaust she put down 378.6 HP (on the fourth run in about 3 minutes so she was really hot!). The motor kept torqueing so hard the rpm gauge wouldnt read. So I didnt get any RPM or Torque numbers.

Jim did say the HP #'s were down about 20 over a regular dyno.

But I don't care about those numbers, judging by the pucker factor of my a** this sucker rocks now! :banana: knana :banana: In fact I am little leary of just punching it anymore, it just walks away from you in a millisecond now. And the shifts (OMG!!!) and this is without the FTVB. The tune also woke up my new exhaust, actually made it louder and more growly. LOVE IT!!!!

Cant believe I didnt mod her sooner.