PDA

View Full Version : May not make L fest

TP Derrick D
09-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Well as the title says I may not make L fest. My aunt(mom's oldest sister -72/73 y.o?) passed away in San Diego last Fri . My mom and youngest sis was already there when the moment came. My sis called me about 4:30am Sat morn as I was dreaming about FFW.I been trying to find a way to do both but based on funeral day and flight costs and work my least cost is to fly out Sat. I saw Doug and Terry at JDM's tent Sat and mentioned this to Doug. Hate to miss her service since she actually named me when I was born. And she and my mom were pretty close as are my entire family. So like I was saying to Doug family has to come first. I am comteplating riding up and staying overnight and coming back just to be in the convoy.

tliss
09-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Well as the title says I may not make L fest. My aunt(mom's oldest sister -72/73 y.o?) passed away in San Diego last Fri . My mom and youngest sis was already there when the moment came. My sis called me about 4:30am Sat morn as I was dreaming about FFW.I been trying to find a way to do both but based on funeral day and flight costs and work my least cost is to fly out Sat. I saw Doug and Terry at JDM's tent Sat and mentioned this to Doug. Hate to miss her service since she actually named me when I was born. And she and my mom were pretty close as are my entire family. So like I was saying to Doug family has to come first. I am comteplating riding up and staying overnight and coming back just to be in the convoy.
Do what you have to do, Derrick. Priorities are just that, so take care of your family first. We'll be here when you get back.

Sorry to hear about your aunt :(

Tom

00Bolt
09-21-2004, 03:00 PM
sorry to hear about that Derrick.. i know what its like to lose someone close to ya... if ya ever just need to talk about it... im here.. i just lose my father and grandfather who was actually closer to me than my father recently....

god bless

Sixpipes
09-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Sorry to hear it Derrick. Was looking forward to taking a few more pics of your truck. :(

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8derek.jpg

99WhiteBeast
09-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your auntie Derrick. Take care of business (family first).

my2002lightning
09-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Yes, Derrick...take care of family/business first - TALON will be here when you get back.

Unfortunately for us, we can't schedule time to attend L-Fest, as well.:(

Condolensces to you on the loss of your aunt.

Ronald and Elaine

TP Derrick D
09-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts