PDA

View Full Version : help, Is this a good price for new 2004

jim woods
09-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi, everybody. I am going to buy a new 2004 Lighting. Is this a good price? I am getting a Xplan price because where I work. The price is 30100.00 +ttl Now I am going to get the 1000.00 Rebate Also. So the final price is going to be 29100.00 +TTL. Is this ok? It is at TEXAN Ford. Can I get a better price any where else in the metroplex? What have u guys paid for a 2004? ALso would u suggest I wait for the 2006 or go head and buy a 2004?

rtsprehe
09-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi, everybody. I am going to buy a new 2004 Lighting. Is this a good price? I am getting a Xplan price because where I work. The price is 30100.00 +ttl Now I am going to get the 1000.00 Rebate Also. So the final price is going to be 29100.00 +TTL. Is this ok? It is at TEXAN Ford. Can I get a better price any where else in the metroplex? What have u guys paid for a 2004? ALso would u suggest I wait for the 2006 or go head and buy a 2004?

I know 98cobra paid 28,900.00 for his,, I belive he got it a few weeks ago, I got mine Nov. 1 2003 I paid the same,, But I am a employe at ford, And thats 100.00 for real dealer invoice, good luck!!

L8 APEX
09-30-2004, 09:58 PM
That is a good price and if you can get it under the zero for 6 years it is a helluva deal:tu:

WA 2 FST
09-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Jim, I got a similar deal on my '04. It's a good deal. If its the truck you want, get it.

jim woods
09-30-2004, 10:12 PM
yes, 6 years at 0 interest. I can get a black or red. What would be the pros and con of each color? I am thinking about going to different dealer because the sales staff cop a big attitude when I told them I was going to shop around for a better price. Also, again is anyone getting a better price than I mentioned? To me I should get a better price since the 2004 Lighting sales or slow?

rtsprehe
09-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Talk to Jerry at Bankston Ford in Frisco, They have a One in white and One in Silver,, Tell him you talked with Angelica in the aftermarket department,, He will hook ya up!! If these colors are what you are looking for.

If ya lock something down, Angelica can get you some aftermaket goodies rolled in the Deal for ya,, that would be Sweet,

jim woods
09-30-2004, 10:28 PM
I am really excited. After 9 years of being away from performance cars/bikes I am going to get back in the fun again. Had to raise baby and buy house. Now that I am financially secured,this will be my second car. I wanted something under 30 grand ,fun to play/modify and pull a boat.

my2002lightning
09-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Jim,

Just my $.02, there are some pretty good deals out there as long as you don't want a Sonic-Blue '04 L.

There are TONS of all the other colors in the neighboring TX regions.

Also, think about the '99/'00 "First-Run" Ls and their intercooler issues in the past as they hit the streets.

The Gen III Ls will probably have their fair-share of issues to be worked out initially until SVT gets them resolved in following releases.

Ronald

BC Lightning
09-30-2004, 11:49 PM
I got my 2004 Black L for 28,000 and some change from Bill Utter Ford. Plus I had a FAT insurance check from my 02 Black L for the down payment. Personally black is my favorite color. The only problem is that it shows all dings, scratches, anything. But when its clean it blings, espically whith crome. Just my $.02 good luck with the L.

Mr.Ed
10-01-2004, 12:06 AM
I personally would buy any color but RED. Seems like the Police watch red vehicles more closely than just about any other color. I frankly am a believer in it cause I had a 64 Red Impala car once and I got a ticket about every three months. I probably get a ticket on average once every three years. I have a white truck and have had it five years and have only had one ticket. Not to mention the new thing they are doing surcharging you for tickets after today. Red is pretty but sort of like black, hard to keep clean. I average washing my truck about once every month and it never really looks dirty. :)

98Cobra
10-01-2004, 12:57 AM
Please, PLEASE buy anywhere but Bankston. You should talk to the guy that sold me mine at Payton-Wright. They can dealer-trade for any color you want, and they will do X-Plan. The slight variation in price is from the two options - the bedliner and the tonneau cover.

PM me if you want the info...

Just Say No to Bankston! :flaming:

TX SVT LIGHTNING
10-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Good price, sure you will see another guy who got his for less, but they usually are in another location/state and dealer may have 10 of them on the lot and needs to push them. $29,363 was what I paid last Dec for my '04 (they had 3 '03s left then too)

Don't hold your breathe for a Gen III, seems to be alot of talk on various boards listing some issues within ford & svt that may delay a targeted 'late 05 release. Heard an additional 2 years and no more at all. Will have to wait and see.

BC Lightning
10-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Dont listen to the sales man talk about a "SVT Mark up" I went to Westway Ford because it was close to my house and they had a black 04 L. Well sticker said around 32,xxx and some change, and i get the paper work and next thing i know the price jumper to 39,xxx and some change. I was like :eek: . Hell no :throw: . He then tried to tell me it was the last Black L in the country and thats the only price I could get one for. I said I'll see you tomorrow. Called A guy I know at Bill Utter, traded an 04 cobra for a L, and I went to Westway the next day, in my new Black "last one only" L. I hate how some salesman are such sharks. oh well its a good price, jump on it.