PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket - anyone got a lawyer?

00Bolt
10-01-2004, 07:41 AM
iv never tried this before, but i remember hearing people say they get a lawyer when they get a ticket and they can usually get it off your record or maybe dismissed for like $100 or something....

can someone give me some more info please... or a referal?

i got a ticket last night.... was on a service road without a car in sight, and SUPPOSIDLY this cop on the highway clocked me.... yet he "guessed" i was doing 65 and wrote the ticket for that.... but said he bet I was doing 80...

Tex Arcana
10-01-2004, 03:12 PM
iv never tried this before, but i remember hearing people say they get a lawyer when they get a ticket and they can usually get it off your record or maybe dismissed for like $100 or something....

can someone give me some more info please... or a referal?

i got a ticket last night.... was on a service road without a car in sight, and SUPPOSIDLY this cop on the highway clocked me.... yet he "guessed" i was doing 65 and wrote the ticket for that.... but said he bet I was doing 80...

http://www.dallasattorney.com/main.asp, Berlof&Newton LLC, they're handling my older son's ticket in getting it dismissed. I forget their cost, but in the long run it's better'n paying the ticket.

Have you considered defensive driving or deferred adjudication? If not, do the DD first, that's your cheapest and best first move, with DA being next, and the attorney being third.

00Bolt
10-01-2004, 03:18 PM
ya i just read on back of ticket you can check that option to take deffensive driving and have it dismissed... so i guess ill go that route, having taking anything but drivers ed... and that was like 10 years ago... lol, im getting old, i been driving for 10 years

Tex Arcana
10-01-2004, 03:22 PM
ya i just read on back of ticket you can check that option to take deffensive driving and have it dismissed... so i guess ill go that route, having taking anything but drivers ed... and that was like 10 years ago... lol, im getting old, i been driving for 10 years

If you have the option (sometimes they deny it if your over 15 or 20 over the limit), take DD first, because they only let you take it once a year, and it knocks 5% off your insurance (and you will get a form to send to your agent for that).

Once taken, you can't take DD again for a ticket dismissal, so you go deferred adjudication, which just means you try to stay out of troouble for 3 or 6 months. THEN the attorney solution is necessary, becasue if it's done right (shifted to county court), it can get dismissed.

Cammin4V
10-01-2004, 03:22 PM
I got a ticket on the way to LBK to see the Tech vs. TCU game. I called today and the lady said i would have to do DD and Deferred, :( .

Tex Arcana
10-01-2004, 03:23 PM
I got a ticket on the way to LBK to see the Tech vs. TCU game. I called today and the lady said i would have to do DD and Deferred, :( .

If DD is available to you, do it. That's the cheapest way to get out of it, and that 5% discount helps a little bit, too.

Cammin4V
10-01-2004, 04:14 PM
It is available, but i also have to do deferred on top of it. She said anything over 25 over, they make you do that. :(

SILVER2000SVT
10-01-2004, 04:40 PM
I got a ticket for 90 in a 60 back in Feb. and gave it to a lawyer in arlington, and I still haven't heard anything. That's how backed up the courts are in Arlington.

99WhiteBeast
10-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Once taken, you can't take DD again for a ticket dismissal, so you go deferred adjudication
You can't take DD again in the same year technically but you can satisfy two municipalities with one course if done right;)

Tex Arcana
10-03-2004, 12:36 AM
You can't take DD again in the same year technically but you can satisfy two municipalities with one course if done right;)

Only if you manage to have multiple tickets at near the same time, and *if* they don't catch you doing it. If the DD has gone on your record (after all paperwork has gone thru), not a chance. I met a guy in a DD class that was taking his *8th* DD in the same calendar year, but he also had something like 12 or 15 outstanding tickets.