PDA

View Full Version : Fog Lamps...busted!

Jester
10-01-2004, 09:32 PM
I knew my fog lamps had the usual cracks that they all have, and found some water got in this morning. Will this stuff evaporate from heat from the lamp itself and the sun? Any way you can drain these things. I havn’t had time to get out and see if I can take it apart yet. Thanks!

Jester
10-01-2004, 11:05 PM
did some research, and found that some dealerships are replacing them under the warranty. Going to try it tomorrow :confused:

bigdale83
10-02-2004, 02:48 AM
I had the same problem with mine when i go the truck...only took about a month for them to flood. They did replace it for free but he did check to see if there was a crack in the lens. Said that if the lens was cracked then it was no under waranty.

Jester
10-02-2004, 09:24 AM
I went to Bob Tomes this morning in McKinney, and they never even questioned any rock chips, replaced with warranty :banana:

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Ive tried 4 dealerships 3 of them where when I still had factory warranty, and they declied the request. I have extended warranty and the last dealer I went to at 45K miles they said no way...not unless I still had factory warranty. :bs Im not sure the extended warranty is well worth it or not....My lights are cracked to hell, and Ive had NO luck getting them replaced. :bs

Jester
10-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Ive tried 4 dealerships 3 of them where when I still had factory warranty, and they declied the request. I have extended warranty and the last dealer I went to at 45K miles they said no way...not unless I still had factory warranty. :bs Im not sure the extended warranty is well worth it or not....My lights are cracked to hell, and Ive had NO luck getting them replaced. :bs
Try Bob Tomes, they never even looked to see the cracks before they approved it. You never know! by the way, I love that avatar! :tu:

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Try Bob Tomes, they never even looked to see the cracks before they approved it. You never know! by the way, I love that avatar! :tu:
What dealer is Bob Tomes@.....and yeah I love the Avitar too, ahh what I would do to find a girl like that who would pose topless in my L.

Actionpike
10-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Town East Ford replaced mine four times within a year on my 2001 Lightning. They never complained about doing it. They said it was due to heat of the lights. They did check to see if the lights were cracked by something hitting them from the outside but they never found proof of that. I would take it there and try. I was suprised when I saw this thread because I did not know other people were having problems with the lights.

Jester
10-06-2004, 05:24 PM
What dealer is Bob Tomes@.....and yeah I love the Avitar too, ahh what I would do to find a girl like that who would pose topless in my L.
Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney