PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Savage 21 RC

Silver_2000
10-02-2004, 09:25 AM
I copied this from anothe thread so it wouldnt go WAY off topic

I am also into Nitro cars, I currently have a TRaxx REVO and a Savage 21Jim

Do you know anyone who knows what they are doing with the savage ? I bought one last year and it like to burn up clutches - I cant seeem to get it set up right .. If I screw with it for hours it will run for 10 minutes ...

I have made some mods to it. Engine - Clutch etc
I need to find some 16 year old Savage genius and just pay them to fix it right ....

Also have a couple Electric RC's

Doug

Sixpipes
10-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I copied this from anothe thread so it wouldnt go WAY off topic

Jim

Do you know anyone who knows what they are doing with the savage ? I bought one last year and it like to burn up clutches - I cant seeem to get it set up right .. If I screw with it for hours it will run for 10 minutes ...

I have made some mods to it. Engine - Clutch etc
I need to find some 16 year old Savage genius and just pay them to fix it right ....

Also have a couple Electric RC's

DougI am still on my original clutch, but it does look like I'll be needing a new frame, front driveshaft, etc.........after hitting a concrete pillar at 40 mph. :D

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/524/8Savage_wreck.JPG

PoorSvtman
10-02-2004, 12:18 PM
I hae a traxxas rustler i need to get running again.. its electric. i need to get a new frame, the part where the motor mounts and the screws go threw are worn out and the motor keeps moving.... :hammer:

Silver_2000
10-02-2004, 01:46 PM
I am still on my original clutch, but it does look like I'll be needing a new frame, front driveshaft, etc.........after hitting a concrete pillar at 40 mph. :D

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/524/8Savage_wreck.JPG
I guess thats the advantage of mine being broken - I cant run it in to a wall at 40

cpeapea
10-02-2004, 04:48 PM
doug, there is a hobby shop here in south irving called wild bill's. have you tried them, you might give them a call, they might be able to atleast give you some advice. they've helped me in the past on my rc10gt

this is what my friend says:

PhatWng (4:49:20 PM): do you know anything about the savages?
PhatWng (4:49:26 PM): 21 rc
DetonationKing (4:49:31 PM): they break alot
PhatWng (4:49:37 PM): haha
DetonationKing (4:49:48 PM): no, they break more than the t-maxes
DetonationKing (4:49:52 PM): look into a traxxas revo
DetonationKing (4:50:29 PM): then his springs are too heavy or the clutches are too light
DetonationKing (4:50:40 PM): its coming in too late

oilwell1415
10-03-2004, 10:49 AM
I don't have a Savage, I've got a TMaxx and about a dozen other gas RC vehicles. Are you talking about the centrifugal clutch that engages the engine to the drivetrain or the slipper clutch that protects the drivetrain during sudden chages in traction? If it's the centrifugal, the reason I've seen for most premature clutch failure is that the vehicle starts in 2nd gear. If it's the slipper failing it's either too tight or too loose. If it's too lose it slips too much resulting in increased wear. If it's too tight it won't slip much, but when it does it will really eat itself.

Silver_2000
10-03-2004, 12:34 PM
I don't have a Savage, I've got a TMaxx and about a dozen other gas RC vehicles. Are you talking about the centrifugal clutch that engages the engine to the drivetrain or the slipper clutch that protects the drivetrain during sudden chages in traction? If it's the centrifugal, the reason I've seen for most premature clutch failure is that the vehicle starts in 2nd gear. If it's the slipper failing it's either too tight or too loose. If it's too lose it slips too much resulting in increased wear. If it's too tight it won't slip much, but when it does it will really eat itself.
Ive had issues with both ... The factory settings melted the slipper

The Savage doesnt have a second gear i dont think

L8 APEX
10-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Remember Doug it is an automatic two speed forward trans. It starts out then it bolts out of sight! Ahh the good days of when it ran like hellknana

Silver_2000
10-03-2004, 01:11 PM
This is why I need to find a 16 year old crew chief that knows all this **** ...

Silver_2000
05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Anyone know a R/C savant that can help with this 6 year old problem ?

slick-svt
05-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Sell it a buy a Kyosho Mad Force....if you can find one.

Silver_2000
05-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Sell it a buy a Kyosho Mad Force....if you can find one.
In order to sell this it has to be running - which is why Im asking for help

dboat
05-10-2010, 01:11 PM
In order to sell this it has to be running - which is why Im asking for help

You got that right... :evil:evil

Dana