PDA

View Full Version : Well Its seems more and more likely that the next Lightning is delayed till 2007

Silver_2000
10-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Makes me sad..

Makes me want to sell my truck and buy something else ....

AMG E55 is too high .... :mad: :nono: :(

Have to find something else

wesman
10-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Boooo...it's a shame they're gonna let that crappy a$$ Dodge run around with the "Fastest production truck in the world" banner for three more years :flaming: :flaming:

--wes

L8 APEX
10-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Is there a link to the article?

Silver_2000
10-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Is there a link to the article?No article yet

Been confirmed by SVT 800 #

Maybe the C55 is more in my price range....

Jester
10-04-2004, 12:42 AM
wow, havn't heard this yet. Every source I had talked to said 2006.

PoorSvtman
10-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Boooo...it's a shame they're gonna let that crappy a$$ Dodge run around with the "Fastest production truck in the world" banner for three more years :flaming: :flaming:

--wes

No doubt. By the way theres a Sh!t Race Truck-10 (srt-10) at arlington automall on i20... im thinking about going there to test drive it and see how it is for myself....wonder if my salesman that sold me the L is still there.

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-04-2004, 12:16 PM
2007? Thats crap :flaming: . but dont give in and be a sellout by buying a damn dodge.

Shiner1
10-04-2004, 12:37 PM
wow, havn't heard this yet. Every source I had talked to said 2006.
Yep...This issue of Hot Rod says 2006. :confused:

Tatom Mack
10-04-2004, 12:58 PM
i heard they would not let anyone to test drive the dodge only buy it.

BC Lightning
10-04-2004, 04:05 PM
I got to test drive a SRT-10 awhile back in june.

Logan
10-04-2004, 08:12 PM
That just pretty much cinches that my next vehicle won't be a ford... Oh well.

cpeapea
10-04-2004, 08:22 PM
damn thats crazy, doug, youre one of the biggest lightning supporter i know. its crazy to think that you might sell and go with something else.

although if i ever owned a mercedes, it would most difintily be an AMG

:bows

L1nt2B
10-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Well You could always get the new supercharged Roush F150

Silver_2000
10-04-2004, 08:49 PM
damn thats crazy, doug, youre one of the biggest lightning supporter i know. its crazy to think that you might sell and go with something else.

although if i ever owned a mercedes, it would most difintily be an AMG

:bows
Well I have to keep up with the Logans of the world ...

I love the truck - But I have an itch for something different... Im thinking used AMG or Perhaps an Acura ...

Or who knows maybe ill feel better after wasting some money on Hoes....

my2002lightning
10-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Doug,

Look at it as "therapy"...

Wht95Lightning
10-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Doug,

Look at it as "therapy"...
Out of pocket medical expenses are tax deductible.

BC Lightning
10-04-2004, 11:34 PM
If I was to buy a Mercedes and had the funds it would be this one. A friend of mine's dad owns a black one. It is the sweetest MercedesI have ever seen.

Shiner1
10-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Saw the McClaren (sp) SLR on the news this am......:eek: :eek: 0-6 in 3.xx seconds top speed of 180+ All this for $450,000.

L8 APEX
10-05-2004, 09:44 AM
We can supercharge a Cadillac CTS-V with some V8 LS6 rumble:tu:

tliss
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Or who knows maybe ill feel better after wasting some money on Hoes....That's not wasting money...consider it an investment in sanity. But just do the old "get in, get what you wanna get, and get out" philosophy. Otherwise it's unsane...:d

Tom

Ken
10-05-2004, 11:24 AM
We can supercharge a Cadillac CTS-V with some V8 LS6 rumble:tu:
But what are you doin' about the wheel hop?

98Cobra
10-05-2004, 01:03 PM
If I was to buy a Mercedes and had the funds it would be this one. A friend of mine's dad owns a black one. It is the sweetest MercedesI have ever seen.
Top Gear review and drive of the SLR. It is AWESOME.

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/Top_Gear_SLR_hi.wmv

(Warning, that's 34MB.)

Tex Arcana
10-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Well I have to keep up with the Logans of the world ...

I love the truck - But I have an itch for something different... Im thinking used AMG or Perhaps an Acura ...

http://images.orgill.com/200x200/6047674.jpg

I dunno, man... unless you just enjoy digging weeds out of the garden... :d

Tex Arcana
10-05-2004, 04:23 PM

Yeah, those are gorgeous.

My wife has an '04 320SLK, and that is one sweet ride... not as roomy as what you posted, but still damned fun, and quick.

Given Doug's, ah, "expansiveness", methinks he'd be better suited in this:
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/Mercedes/Gwagen/PiCs37/gwagen1999G55AMG.jpg

:evil::d

Silver_2000
10-06-2004, 07:41 AM

My wife has an '04 320SLK, and that is one sweet ride... not as roomy as what you posted, but still damned fun, and quick.

Have we met ?

:banned :banned :banned

Tex Arcana
10-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Have we met ?

:banned :banned :banned

yeah, yeah, not before you pay up the steak you owe me...:d

Silver_2000
10-06-2004, 09:38 AM
yeah, yeah, not before you pay up the steak you owe me...:d
Remind me again - Which bet did I lose ??

Tex Arcana
10-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Remind me again - Which bet did I lose ??
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6438

98Cobra
10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
I had lost track of that thread. I think creative reading does not count, Tex. :)

my2002lightning
10-06-2004, 10:48 AM
That's a G-500 - http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/G500.jsp

A friend of mine had a black one a while back. I drove it around for an afternoon and was surprised by the power and how smooth it was throughout the rpm range.

Ride quality was top-notch. I believe the German military uses them as their HumVee, too.

Ronald

Silver_2000
10-06-2004, 11:39 AM
I had lost track of that thread. I think creative reading does not count, Tex. :)Id have to agree with Garrett

which sets aside 20% of your bandwidth for the exclusive use of Microsoft, allegedly to hel them with "issues", but also to give them an easy entry into your system.I dont see anywhere in those quotes where 20% of my comcast connection is exclusively reserved for Microsofts use. Does auto update use trickleling to send down big attachements ? yes - Sure does - But only when the connection is NOT being used. Does windows update use my connection if I set it to dload on a schedule YES, is it exclusive NO. Can they "enter" my PC NO.

Lastly, Microsoft EULAs crossing up banking operations:Is Microsoft Licensing Forcing Banks to Break The Law? (http://boston.internet.com/news/article.php/1485861)

At issue is Microsoft's "automatic update" feature, which allows users to automatically get upgrades and patches to their systems. To get the updates, users must agree to give Microsoft access to information on their systems.

That, says Warby, conflicts with federal regulations for financial institutions, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 2001. The new law, which goes into effect next May, forbids financial service companies from giving third parties access to customer data without express consent from the customer. European countries generally have even stricter data privacy laws.

If you think that windows update looking at your PC to see your patch level is the same as accessing customer data you are beyond help. In most cases the Customer data would be in a locked database on a separate drive.

More examples: Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 contain a new condition which asks you to allow Windows to go and install future updates. (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/08/02/microsoft_eula_asks_for_root/):

"You acknowledge and agree that Microsoft may automatically check the version of the OS Product and/or its components that you are utilizing and may provide upgrades or fixes to the OS Product that will be automatically downloaded to your computer," Funny you bitch that it has security issues and holes etc but you also bitch when a solution to automatically patch the holes is implemented. Must be nice to be able to have it both ways...

But having said all that Illl buy you a beer at Bonedaddys - If you show up

Silver_2000
10-06-2004, 11:46 AM
One more note

M$'s own admission states that QOS sets aside bandwidth, and it's locked at 20%. Also, here (http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips254.html) reinforces this:

Description
Many people believe that the QOS changes to TCP/IP decrease your internet speed. This is how to change this.
Quality of Service (QOS) by default reserves 20% of your bandwidth.
Your link is NOT a microsoft article as you suggest but from the well known tech-recipes.com

And if you read their entire article it says

If these bandwidth-demanding programs are not running, then QOS is not going to kick in and reserve this space. So relax! If this type of program is running, then you want to be able to give it all the bandwidth it needs.

More exagerations, misinterpretations, false copnclusions and out of context quotes from the sky is falling - Micorosft is evil - crowd

Doug

98Cobra
10-06-2004, 12:29 PM
I dont see anywhere in those quotes where 20% of my comcast connection is exclusively reserved (snipped rest)

Doug basically said everything I wanted to, but I had to step out to go to lunch. I think by spelling it on in the EULA they are more doing CYA stuff so people who didn't realize what Automatic Updates does or did to their machine can't bitch.

Sixpipes
10-06-2004, 12:52 PM
I've always thought it was cruel to pick on the uninformed and ignorant, but hey, that's just me. Back on topic...............................

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8cobra2-med.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8cobra1-med.JPG

maybe its time. :cool:

98Cobra
10-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Oooh, now THAT would be cool. Pull your Shelby kit car around with your Lightning, Doug!

Tex Arcana
10-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Id have to agree with Garrett

I dont see anywhere in those quotes where 20% of my comcast connection is exclusively reserved for Microsofts use. Does auto update use trickleling to send down big attachements ? yes - Sure does - But only when the connection is NOT being used. Does windows update use my connection if I set it to dload on a schedule YES, is it exclusive NO. Can they "enter" my PC NO.

If you think that windows update looking at your PC to see your patch level is the same as accessing customer data you are beyond help. In most cases the Customer data would be in a locked database on a separate drive.

Funny you bitch that it has security issues and holes etc but you also bitch when a solution to automatically patch the holes is implemented. Must be nice to be able to have it both ways...

But having said all that Illl buy you a beer at Bonedaddys - If you show up

One more note

Your link is NOT a microsoft article as you suggest but from the well known tech-recipes.com

And if you read their entire article it says

More exagerations, misinterpretations, false copnclusions and out of context quotes from the sky is falling - Micorosft is evil - crowd

Doug

Last response on this, then I'm out.

I get most of my news or information from [H]ard|OCP and their forums, TheRegister, TweakHounds, and BlackViper's XP site. These guys know their stuff, and I trust them. MOst of what I posted I googled, and luckily I found what I had read, for the most part.

And the real point is this: do you really konw what's going on in the background? Microsoft actively engages in monopolistic practices; they have allied themselves with the MPAA/RIAssA/DRM crowd, and are actively trying to implement digital controls that take your viewing/listening choices out of YOUR hands, and put it in THEIRS. Microsoft has a vested interest in knowing what is in your computer, and having the ability to shut you down at *their* discretion.

Back when XP was introduced, a German national used a German law to gain access to the information XP sent back to Microsoft during registration. Microsoft, at the time, claimed that it was only computer specifications, a serial number hash, and a list of drivers. What the German guy got back, was a B-sized (almost 8 1/2x14") document, with his name, address, phone number, computer serial number, XP serial number, a CREDIT CARD number, and other fairly personal information, including a list of software he had installed.

Needless to say, that is just a bit beyond the information they claimed to pull from the machine.

I really don't mind Microsoft working har to try to be the best, and to make the best product possible; but I don't beleive they are doing that. I beleive, and alot of the fact backs that up, that they are doing anything they can to dominate, and that includes engaging in unfair and monopolistic practices, and snooping practices that would land an individual in jail as a hacker. This is NOT the actions of a company that believes in its own product, or supports the rights of the end user.

Honestly enough, they are headed toward the creation of a "pay as you go" software scheme: you want to boot to Windows? Better have that credit card number in the system. Wanna use Word?? Drop a coin, or else you can't even print your docs. See something that your company is doing that is highly illegal and dangerous, and want to tell the authorities?? Forget it, becasue those documents have been locked down by DRM to keep you from printing them, so the management can continue doing illegal and unethical things.

In other words, Mocrosoft want you to use "Crack for Windows 1.0", get you addicted, then bleed you dry 'til the end of time. They couldn't care LESS about making a decent product, as long as the EUAL absolves them of any criminal liabilities and they have their hooks into your bank account, so they can bleed it dry as well.

And I can tell you this: any car that uses Microsoft code, will be a car I never drive.

that's it: I'm out.

Silver_2000
10-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Last response on this, then I'm out.

I get most of my news or information from [H]ard|OCP and their forums, TheRegister, TweakHounds, and BlackViper's XP site. These guys know their stuff, and I trust them. MOst of what I posted I googled, and luckily I found what I had read, for the most part.

And the real point is this: do you really konw what's going on in the background? Microsoft actively engages in monopolistic practices; they have allied themselves with the MPAA/RIAssA/DRM crowd, and are actively trying to implement digital controls that take your viewing/listening choices out of YOUR hands, and put it in THEIRS. Microsoft has a vested interest in knowing what is in your computer, and having the ability to shut you down at *their* discretion.

Back when XP was introduced, a German national used a German law to gain access to the information XP sent back to Microsoft during registration. Microsoft, at the time, claimed that it was only computer specifications, a serial number hash, and a list of drivers. What the German guy got back, was a B-sized (almost 8 1/2x14") document, with his name, address, phone number, computer serial number, XP serial number, a CREDIT CARD number, and other fairly personal information, including a list of software he had installed.

Needless to say, that is just a bit beyond the information they claimed to pull from the machine.

I really don't mind Microsoft working har to try to be the best, and to make the best product possible; but I don't beleive they are doing that. I beleive, and alot of the fact backs that up, that they are doing anything they can to dominate, and that includes engaging in unfair and monopolistic practices, and snooping practices that would land an individual in jail as a hacker. This is NOT the actions of a company that believes in its own product, or supports the rights of the end user.

Honestly enough, they are headed toward the creation of a "pay as you go" software scheme: you want to boot to Windows? Better have that credit card number in the system. Wanna use Word?? Drop a coin, or else you can't even print your docs. See something that your company is doing that is highly illegal and dangerous, and want to tell the authorities?? Forget it, becasue those documents have been locked down by DRM to keep you from printing them, so the management can continue doing illegal and unethical things.

In other words, Mocrosoft want you to use "Crack for Windows 1.0", get you addicted, then bleed you dry 'til the end of time. They couldn't care LESS about making a decent product, as long as the EUAL absolves them of any criminal liabilities and they have their hooks into your bank account, so they can bleed it dry as well.

And I can tell you this: any car that uses Microsoft code, will be a car I never drive.

that's it: I'm out.
LOL - Thats funny

I guess I missed you at Bonedaddys - Was ready to buy you that beer. Maybe its a good thing you didnt show - I paid nearly $20 for a beer as it was...

dboat
10-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Makes me sad..

Makes me want to sell my truck and buy something else ....

AMG E55 is too high .... :mad: :nono: :(

Have to find something else

Kind of surprised to hear you say that, since it wasnt that long ago you seemed pretty happy with your L and the fact that it was paid off..
I myself cant find too much else that would make me happier. The biggest problem is with my girth being what it is, not many cars are as comfortable as the L. It still kicks butt on most vehicles, and holds its own with the rest. For the new friends I have made up here, they like it like a carnival ride and its become the talk around work. I have all kinds of folks tell me they have heard about it, and frankly, it isnt near as fast as most of the L's that are on Talon.
Not much out there that doesnt cost an arm and a leg that will compete with it.. I would probably go with a C6 Vette or an Audi S4, all wheel drive, to use it in the winter and summer up here..
Think twice before you leave it behind... besides, what will you trailer the boat with?
Dana

Silver_2000
10-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Kind of surprised to hear you say that, since it wasnt that long ago you seemed pretty happy with your L and the fact that it was paid off..
I myself cant find too much else that would make me happier. The biggest problem is with my girth being what it is, not many cars are as comfortable as the L. It still kicks butt on most vehicles, and holds its own with the rest. For the new friends I have made up here, they like it like a carnival ride and its become the talk around work. I have all kinds of folks tell me they have heard about it, and frankly, it isnt near as fast as most of the L's that are on Talon.
Not much out there that doesnt cost an arm and a leg that will compete with it.. I would probably go with a C6 Vette or an Audi S4, all wheel drive, to use it in the winter and summer up here..
Think twice before you leave it behind... besides, what will you trailer the boat with?
DanaLike you I have some "fit" issues in lots of autos...

Just got the brochures for the TL and the C55 in the mail today...

I think my innate cheapness is gonna keep me in the lightning for a while.
I wasnt sure I was gonna trade the L - Was just looking for something new. It started cause I was PISSED that Ford delayed the next one agian. Now I need to decide whether I should keep the one I have and perhaps get the dings in the paint fixed and the seat replaced or just go buy a 2004...

I cant see the point of getting the 2004 a warranty and a new seat isnt worth 10k to me...

Doug

blueoval01
10-09-2004, 10:50 PM
LOL - Thats funny

I guess I missed you at Bonedaddys - Was ready to buy you that beer. Maybe its a good thing you didnt show - I paid nearly $20 for a beer as it was... Crap, I'm mad that I didn't make it either. :(
Tom had already offered beer. Between both of you I might have actually got "dizzy". :rll:

Tex Arcana
10-09-2004, 10:51 PM
LOL - Thats funny

I guess I missed you at Bonedaddys - Was ready to buy you that beer. Maybe its a good thing you didnt show - I paid nearly $20 for a beer as it was...

Well, I completely missed the replies in this thread, but then again there was a period there where I didn't want to see a human face, much less read anything posted anywhere.

Couldn't let you buy me a beer, anyhow: I'm banned from drinking by my doc 'til we get a handle on the liver enzymes that show up in my blood every time I touch a drink. Maybe next time I'll be in a better mood, and I'll let ya buy me an ice tea, just to let ya off the hook. :beer:

dboat
10-10-2004, 04:02 AM
Doug,
I bought a slightly used TL before I left Dallas to use as my winter beater and road trip car. I do like it a lot, and its comfortable for me most of the time, but I wouldnt be happier in it than my L. There just isnt a good alternative out there at this time. Having said that, I have seen the new Mustang and it looks great! But I get the feeling you wont see a SVT Cobra version on it for a while either. Also, its bigger so it might fit, but my old one that I sold (and 89 Conv) wasnt a good fit anymore anyway.
You might be surprised how a new seat and paint will make you feel about the truck. You added sat radio and that helps... Those little upgrades make a difference about how you feel. Heck I added auto up and down to the drivers side window and it makes a difference. :ron:
I have a hard time justifying the 50k on a car that is going to depreciate over time.
Dana