PDA

View Full Version : FFW in Ennis is not far away

MadNess
08-05-2002, 11:59 AM
so what kinda special plans is Talon prepping for us HALO guys coming up to see you guys? :D :D :d

Silver_2000
08-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Besides Kicking your asses what else did you have in mind ???
:p
Doug:hammer:

MadNess
08-05-2002, 12:43 PM
oooooooh, sounds like a challenge :) I like challenges :d :d :d

1BADTK
08-05-2002, 01:39 PM
Doug, you need to stop hitting yourself in the head like that. It's beginning to give you visions of grandeur. :nono:
You need more :banana: and less :confused: in your life. :D

Lil Nicky88
08-05-2002, 01:59 PM
He needs more dancin' nanners in his life? :confused:

J.D. Blackwell
08-05-2002, 02:04 PM
Boy......Ennis is coming up on me quick. I need to get those valve springs changed out so I can get in a little track time before then.
I wonder what kind of times I can get out of my setup?

MadNess
08-05-2002, 02:49 PM
hey JD, I think you will get atleast a 14 out of that setup, maybe even a high 13 :)

:d :d

Silver_2000
08-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Other than when I invited myself to John Armstrongs house ( He is a great host ) I dont remember any HALO activities at FFW this spring... :o

I had already suggested a Group picture but was informed that very few HALO guys were coming up north for the festivities...

If my press pass still works Ill get some decent pictures....

I would offer you guys a beer at my motel room but I have been unable to find one, so thats out... Dont know what else to offer...Hmm what other ideas....

Doug

MadNess
08-05-2002, 04:11 PM
Doug, honestly this year at FFW, I dont think any of HALO had any idea you guys were going to come down :) If we had known, im sure we would have been more hospitable... im sorry we didnt do something... we really should have....

Next year we will make sure and do something with the TALON guys when you all come down :) :banana:

J.D. Blackwell
08-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MadNess
hey JD, I think you will get atleast a 14 out of that setup, maybe even a high 13 :)

:d :d

:( Dang man, don't give me such high expectations. I will get to the track thinking I can get it and then run high 14's. I have a NOS setup on standby just incase....I know I can get 13's with it.:)

Silver_2000
08-05-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by MadNess
Doug, honestly this year at FFW, I dont think any of HALO had any idea you guys were going to come down :) If we had known, im sure we would have been more hospitable... im sorry we didnt do something... we really should have....

Next year we will make sure and do something with the TALON guys when you all come down :) :banana:

Give me an idea of whos coming and what the schedul is and we'll at least arrange group dinner in waxahachie or something

Doug

wesman
08-05-2002, 09:53 PM
What are the dates ?

Also what is offered as far as racing ? Heads up/ Brackets etc ?

--wes

Silver_2000
08-05-2002, 10:09 PM
http://www.funfordevents.com/
September 20-22, 2002
Top Truck Class and the street classes are both Bracket racing

The ennis race is the FFW finals. Paul Gamino from Houston is in Top 3 in points in Top Truck class. If JDM will finish his truck he can likely keep competitive...

The crowd of Lightnings there should be awe inspiring. Anyone that has contacts in Waxahachie should check if we can find a parking lot and a buildinig next door where we can get an arial picture of a HUGE group picture...

I have a couple thousand pictures from the early FFW events and have posted many of them on my site...

Doug

wesman
08-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Well damn...I'll be in Florida for a week starting on the 19th and my wedding is the 28th, then on to the Honeymoon for a week after that. Looks like I'll be missing this one....next year I suppose....should have a new blower installed by then anyways :tu:

Take lots of pics and share :)

1BADTK
08-06-2002, 05:44 PM
Doug, we are planning a get together at Kyle Kent's parents home on Saturday night. Once we have all the particulars we will be letting the TALON dudes know when and where. I understand they live in Waxahachie (sp) not very far from the track. I will try and keep you posted if Kyle doesn't do so himself. Have you checked with the HALO guys coming about a room. I know there has to be a space for you. Jerrod and Shane are rooming together at the Ginger Bread Inn, where we are staying, and I believe JDM stays there also.

Paul Gamino
08-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Doug,

Currently tied for second with another local Texas boy, Lupe Davilla, Dickinson, Tx. 410 pts a piece. The numero uno guy is just too damn far ahead in points, he just doesn't count anymore :mad: My truck is ready, they actually put the phone up to her and let me listen to her purrrr. I'll be driving her in Epping, NH next week and bringing her home from Cordova, IL. (I'm flying into epping). If any of you talons raced in Houston FFW check out your points status.

http://www.funfordevents.com/Points/points_detail.phtml?catid=toptruck

Paul

J.D. Blackwell
08-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Hey Paul, are you going to have your truck back in time for Ennis?

Paul Gamino
08-09-2002, 03:13 PM
The truck is ready now :D It's just that it's too far to drive to Epping, NH to pick up my truck and bring it home. That I'm just going to fly in and race it next weekend. Cordova, IL is Sept. 7-8 and I'll drive there with the car hauler, race the weekend and bring the truck home. Then two weeks later we'll be in Ennis for the finals. I look forward to seeing what that truck of yours is capable of. Should see some impressive numbers out of her. Good luck to you Justin,

Paul

Caka
08-09-2002, 10:03 PM
Doug, I have an extra room right now on hold (2 total) at the Gingerbread Inn. Its yours if you want it. I have to be there on that Friday before 4pm to check in so if you cant make it I'll go ahead and check in and hold it for you rather than cancel it. Let me know.

I guess I could have just emailed you:o And why have I never posted on this board before:confused: I thought I did:confused: oh well:beer:

Silver_2000
08-09-2002, 10:22 PM
Travis

I got a reservation earlier tonight... Thanks for the offer though.. I bet that room will be populat soon since there are no more...

Maybe one of the other TALON guys will realise how bad it sucks to drive the 75 minutes back after the heat kicks your butt all day..

Doug