PDA

View Full Version : Water / Alcohol injection.

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Anyone uses these kits or made one. Im thinking on making one but im not sure on the correct nozzel size. Also with the injection, I feel I can safely move to a 6# with absolutely no worries of blowin up my motor. knana

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Pretty cool stuff...if your unfamiliar with it.

http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/tech/alcohol.html

http://www.turbomirage.com/water.html

http://www.dawesdevices.com/water.html

wesman
10-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Yep...the 300TT guys have been using Aquamist for some time. I have a Aquamist 2c kit that I haven't installed yet for one of my 300's. It allowed us to up the boost and advance the timing considerably.

--wes

cpeapea
10-04-2004, 08:17 PM
this seems interesting. anyone know of a good kit that would fit on an L?

PoorSvtman
10-04-2004, 08:24 PM
stock windshield washer tank and some nozzles, and a boost activated switch is the way im gonna go... Clean and stealthy.... I think the stock washer pump could handle it

bobbywade69
10-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Only if I knew I just threw my system away that I had on the L!! I just ran race gas to run more timing the injection was a waste of time!!

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Only if I knew I just threw my system away that I had on the L!! I just ran race gas to run more timing the injection was a waste of time!!

I would have takin it. I like the idea of knowing I have a cooler charge for safety reasons.

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-05-2004, 09:32 AM
stock windshield washer tank and some nozzles, and a boost activated switch is the way im gonna go... Clean and stealthy.... I think the stock washer pump could handle it

I've got a boost actuator switch coming in from ebay for 15 bucks. And I like the idea of using the washer tank, but im not sure the pressure is there from the washer pump.

wesman
10-05-2004, 09:44 AM
If it was a waste of time, the system wasn't set up correctly or it was inadequate for what you needed.

--wes

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
If it was a waste of time, the system wasn't set up correctly or it was inadequate for what you needed.

--wes

I think i'd agree with you wes

L8 APEX
10-05-2004, 10:27 AM
That and the main gain is from more boost and timing. Most street trucks either don't have an agressive "water/alcohol" tune they run exclusively on it. They don't pulley up just for the water injection. Dumping water on your 4# and mild street tune is not going to make you faster. The con size is if you are running a alcohol injection tune and run out of juice at 4500rpm and don't know it you are gonna have a problem running 24' of timing on pump gas and 15# of boost. So there is a risk of blowing your engine if all systems are not green..

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-05-2004, 11:16 AM
That and the main gain is from more boost and timing. Most street trucks either don't have an agressive "water/alcohol" tune they run exclusively on it. They don't pulley up just for the water injection. Dumping water on your 4# and mild street tune is not going to make you faster. The con size is if you are running a alcohol injection tune and run out of juice at 4500rpm and don't know it you are gonna have a problem running 24' of timing on pump gas and 15# of boost. So there is a risk of blowing your engine if all systems are not green..

Yeah I agree. I was thinking about using it only to go to a 6#. And not even touch the tune. My A/F and timing is at a very "safe" point. I wouldnt expect a lot of horsepower gain from water/alc injection and a mild tune, I want it primarily for safety reasons, and less worry on a 6#...and yes it would be nice to have a low fluid light come on, to keep from running dry at WOT. Do you know....The computer has a hard set timing point, which it should NOT exceed at WOT right? What im asking is does it fluxuate due to air temp changes or no matter what never go past what the computer sets the total timing to (only at WOT)?

Tex Arcana
10-05-2004, 04:26 PM

Yeah, ask Ken what happpens when a critical unit fails at the very wrong time. :( At the very least you need something to kill the advance and/or boost if the tank runs dry and stops supplying water/alcohol.

L8 APEX
10-06-2004, 12:32 AM
The computer varies the timing according to a LOT of variables. There is a maximum spark advance setting it runs under ideal temps and conditions when the truck is dead cold. It also pulls timing based on load, discharge air temp, coolant temp, etc..

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-06-2004, 10:58 AM
The computer varies the timing according to a LOT of variables. There is a maximum spark advance setting it runs under ideal temps and conditions when the truck is dead cold. It also pulls timing based on load, discharge air temp, coolant temp, etc..

Well...We'll see what happens. Hopefully i can keep the the tune at such a safe point that even if the tank runs dry, on hard load the motor will not gernade,

bobbywade69
10-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I used it on my race tune whick uses 21 degree of timing and a 4# pulley, and the tune always wants race gas!! I used the injection and it let me use the program without race gas I just didn't like knowing if the tank would fail or not soo thats y I justed use race gas all the time now!!! :tu: I had a washer pump motor it put out enough pressure for the system I ran a 3GPH nozzle on the system whick was big enough.

--wes

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-06-2004, 06:55 PM
I used it on my race tune whick uses 21 degree of timing and a 4# pulley, and the tune always wants race gas!! I used the injection and it let me use the program without race gas I just didn't like knowing if the tank would fail or not soo thats y I justed use race gas all the time now!!! :tu: I had a washer pump motor it put out enough pressure for the system I ran a 3GPH nozzle on the system whick was big enough.

Thanks, good info.. And yeah at 21 I would be a little worried about the tank getting empty, my timing is around 14

bobbywade69
10-06-2004, 07:14 PM
If u have any questions about it I can answer them for u I have some spare parts I think I do know I have a boost switch if u need one and some extra nozzles I think!!:tu:

Thanks, good info.. And yeah at 21 I would be a little worried about the tank getting empty, my timing is around 14

Alpine
10-06-2004, 09:11 PM
If u have any questions about it I can answer them for u I have some spare parts I think I do know I have a boost switch if u need one and some extra nozzles I think!!:tu:Hey Bobby, did'nt your water/alcohol reservoir fall off and you ran over it at about 40mph....:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: .....You did say if we had any questions:evil

PoorSvtman
10-06-2004, 09:17 PM
think he got another tank or something........ bobby u have the boost activated switch?

Ill take it if you still have it and if any nozzles

oops just saw you had them...... ill take me lol :tu: Ill buy your beer next time we go to hooters :evil :beer:

bobbywade69
10-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Yes it did because I didn't install it plus it was a crapy tank!!! :nono:

Hey Bobby, did'nt your water/alcohol reservoir fall off and you ran over it at about 40mph....:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: .....You did say if we had any questions:evil

bobbywade69
10-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Ok let me look tomorrow and see if I have them and u can have them!!:tu:

think he got another tank or something........ bobby u have the boost activated switch?

Ill take it if you still have it and if any nozzles

oops just saw you had them...... ill take me lol :tu: Ill buy your beer next time we go to hooters :evil :beer:

PoorSvtman
10-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Ok let me look tomorrow and see if I have them and u can have them!!:tu:

Kool, just hit me up on the cell, i can swing by after work or something

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-07-2004, 01:09 PM
If u have any questions about it I can answer them for u I have some spare parts I think I do know I have a boost switch if u need one and some extra nozzles I think!!:tu:

I have a boost switch...let me know if I can have the nozzels. You going to the meeting tonight?

-Mike

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Kool, just hit me up on the cell, i can swing by after work or something

AWWWW dude you beat me! HEY, I started this thread! :hammer: