PDA

View Full Version : magnaflow exhaust

Jester
10-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Anyone here have the mild setup? I do a lot of highway travel, and I was just wondering how the mild system sounds.

L8 APEX
10-06-2004, 12:14 AM
About 60% of my jobs are mild. I like them I had it on my Lightning:tu:

Jester
10-06-2004, 12:22 AM
About 60% of my jobs are mild. I like them I had it on my Lightning:tu:
Really? That suprises me, I figured more people would go for the wild.

L8 APEX
10-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Nah, it is a pretty even split. I have only had one or two folks say the wild was too loud but neither ever changed back. The only time the wild is too loud is when you are sneaking home drunk. Or if you do 80mph+ for hours on the highway it will rumble the cab a bit. Jake, Ronald, Tom ,.. love their wild systems. Moonshine, Mike, Mark love their Mild systems. You can hear the wild sound clip on the website it is about 50% louder than stock. The mild is more for folks who want blinging tips and system without the attention from cops. The Mild is about 10-20% louder than stock.

my2002lightning
10-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Austin,

If I'd known you were waffling on the PR Wild versus "Short-Bus" exhaust setup, I would have given you a sampling of the PR Wild setup as a passenger. I'm about 50/50 on my town/highway driving. Bottom line, it's purely an individual preference on the exhaust note, as I see it.

I was in Sherman/Denison on Sunday in the L. I notice you have a '02 Red L as well - good choice! :bows

Ronald

Anyone here have the mild setup? I do a lot of highway travel, and I was just wondering how the mild system sounds.

tliss
10-06-2004, 05:46 AM
Come down to McKinney one evening and I'll give you a sampling of the wild setup...or come out to the meeting on Thursday night and you'll get a little of everything :tu:

Tom

WA 2 FST
10-06-2004, 11:02 AM
I have the mild set up on mine. I like it. The stock '04 exhaust is too quiet (at least on my truck). Seemed quieter than the stock exhaust on my old '99 L. Anyway, it does not drone. It's a very pleasant sound at idle and cruise, and when you open it up it sounds good. Not "wake the neighbors" loud, though.

TP Derrick D
10-06-2004, 07:34 PM
I got Terry's mild on mine. I like it,either one would have been OK for me since I already got a Mustang that's deep exhausted.

PoorSvtman
10-06-2004, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=WA 2 FST Not "wake the neighbors" loud, though.[/QUOTE]

haha my exhaust is wake the dead loud.... :D

So loud i couldnt get Jeff to drive it last saturday so i could hear it, he said he didnt want to loose his hearing :evil

Its loud but when you get on it, umm you might want som ear plugs if your the car next to me

Alpine
10-06-2004, 09:54 PM
What?

PoorSvtman
10-06-2004, 10:12 PM
What?

after you took your truck out for a test run, i was talking about letting someone run mine so i could hear/see it go down the track. You said you would but didnt want to loose your hearing........

Alpine
10-06-2004, 10:15 PM
What?

:rll:

PoorSvtman
10-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Your just old and cant remeber........ or its the shiner talking.... Just have to ask jeremey :beer: :beer: :beer:

Nuhklz
10-06-2004, 10:22 PM
... umm you might want som ear plugs if your the car next to me The last time at Hooters you were next to me on my left. My window was down when you started up and it was LOUD! And this was at idle http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

Alpine
10-06-2004, 10:31 PM
What?

Lets see how many I can do before he figures it out!

PoorSvtman
10-06-2004, 10:49 PM
What?

Lets see how many I can do before he figures it out!

haha bastard :throw: , im slow tonight, 9 shiner bocks so im feeling good. :beer:

The exhaust isnt loud to me tho, haha but i also work in a loud as shop with trains every 5 minutes :Bullshit . Steve got to experiance the trains..

Alpine
10-06-2004, 11:22 PM
haha bastard :throw: , im slow tonight, 9 shiner bocks so im feeling good. :beer:

The exhaust isnt loud to me tho, haha but i also work in a loud as shop with trains every 5 minutes :Bullshit . Steve got to experiance the trains..I hope Steve did'nt experience Mikes train...:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226594-thumb.gif (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5711&sort=1&cat=500&page=9)<Mike

J/K Mike!:rll:

PoorSvtman
10-06-2004, 11:29 PM
this is all...........
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/343Amigosthoughts.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/34How_Jeff_Helps_psd-med.jpg

Damn we straight up thread jacked :eek: Sry bro, back on topic.

Alpine
10-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Damn! I surrender:bows ........

Damn Jacob and his friggin photoshop, I am never going to live that one down. At least he gave me some length.:eek2:

PoorSvtman
10-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Damn! I surrender:bows ........

Damn Jacob and his friggin photoshop, I am never going to live that one down. At least he gave me some length.:eek2:

atleast you dont have your mullet in that that pic :tu: