PDA

View Full Version : What u think the Gen3 specs will be in reallity?

jim woods
10-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Here my guess what the new Gen3 will be in 2007.
This may be conservative but you have to remember that Ford need to make money and can not just build a whole new truck/platform for such a small market. This is just my guess, I no auto expert for sure, just my guess.

Body style will the standard 2007 F 150 flareside with maybee better looking rear bumper.
Hood will probaly have some air intakes/outlets from the stock hood.
Interior/dash will be the loaded out and fancy like the 2005 F150 with maybee some special seats and or inserts.
Side exhaust
Slightly different grill area and maybee different front bumper.
Engine will be 5.4 triton with supercharger with some improvements to produce 450 HP range
Auto trans
18 to 20 inch rims
All the SVT badges and gauges of course.
Different shocks
And some minor other cosmetic changes.
MSRP around 36000.00 to 38000.00

I hope the Gen 3 Lighting is very close to this because it would be afforable for me to buy.And with some minor mods would beat the SRT truck.

To me this version of the new gen 3 Lighting would be easy for SVT to build/sale/produce.

This version of the gen 3 Lighting would give me Everything that I want that my 2004 L does not have.A super nice/fancy inside like 2005 F150 .

I like the concept G3 but it would to expensive to mass produce and for ME TO BUY. If the G3 Lighting concept was built just like in was shown it would have to have a MSRP of Atlease 60000.00 $

I hope SVT/Ford build the 2007 Lightning close to what I mentioned above.
Sure, I like a max out 550HP Lightning or something like the concept Gen 3 Lightning we seen in pictures but I need to under 40K and you cant design or build a truck for 40K.

What do you guys think and realistically will be the real life specs of new Lightings in 2007? I would almost be money it will be very close to what I think above. What are your thoughts?

L8 APEX
10-06-2004, 10:20 PM
We are beating Viper trucks with chip and pulleys. They don't hook up at the track they run mid 13's jsut like a stock Lightning. Not sure what will make it into the gen 3 hopefully some Ford GT pieces.

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Im thinking (hopeing) it will be a 5.4 DOHC Supercharged, kin to the GT. If so we canexpect prices closer to the SRT10

my2002lightning
10-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Speaking of SRT-10s... http://www.mustangmods.com/data/5278/hemi1.gif:rll:

There's a black one just down the street from work at this place: http://www.ebizautos.com/linebackenterprises/index.cfm?p=inventory

Ronald

Tex Arcana
10-07-2004, 03:57 PM
I think they'll use the 3-valve motor, for cost-control sake. It'll flow as much as a 4-valve can, and with variable cam timing, it'll enhance output considerably. Unless they decide to use the 6.2L Hurricane motor, which will change pretty much everything we're thinking and seeing.

I think they'll use the SuperCooling device for sure, especially since they're going to the trouble to patent it. And I think we'll see it appear on the next-gen Cobras as well.

The appearance will be close to the concept, but I doubt we'll see wheels/tires like taht in the concept (tho it would be WONDERFUL if they did that, AND gave it the suspension to handle them to boot). The interior will be similar to that of the concept, as well.

The hood scoops will likely remain, as the design for the cold-air integrates very well with the new panel-filter-on-a-tray design, and will be able to induct a goodly amount of air.

Will it get an IRS?? I doubt it seriously, esp. given that they bailed on the IRS for the base Mustang and GT.

So... we shall see. Hopefully, they'll stick to the '06 launch, and not '07. And, hopefully, will give it an honest 500hp.

EDIT: And I"m damned sure the blower will be a screwblower from Eaton.