PDA

View Full Version : I guess it was bound to happen eventually

skalywags
10-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Thursday on the I was the first of 6 (not counting the guy who started it) people to get damaged on 635 by Marsh. the traffic was stopped. At least in fron of me and every lane but the HOV. I was watching this guy in the rear view mirror get closser and closer, than realized - oh Sh$t he's not gonna stop. SO i quit watching in time to hear and feel him hit me. But I guess at the last minute he also jerked it to the left, into the HOV lane here a Ford econoline van was travelling about 55- 60 mph. Just after the hit I see an Explorer flying by on two wheels looking like he's going to flip, and the Econoline following close behind. he scraped the car in front of me, and and pretty much totalled the one in front of her, and then finished it by somehow catching a piece of the pick up in front of her. The Econoline also lost a wheel, that was hit by a van behind him, which then sent the wheel rolling on down the HOV lane. I'm not sure how far that went and if it got anyone else. I didn't get much damage, considering what I watched and saw, A tail light, bumper, left rear fender cracked, but it looks like he somehow missed the tail gate. Hopefully nothing frame wise.
Any way, such excitement I can do without, but since I didn;t I thought I'd share it y'all!

03LightningRocks
10-09-2004, 12:46 PM
HOLY SH!T:eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!! That had to be some show.....sitting there wondering when one of the flying vehicles was going to smack you on the way by.

Glad your alright, but I sure wish you had the Tom Cam hooked up. That would have made a heck of a vid.

Rocks:beer:

my2002lightning
10-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Tom,
Sorry to hear about the fender-bender and the L. :hammer: That dumb b#stard was probably yacking on the cell and not watching where the hell he was going and caused all that mess.

I see it all the time on my outings in the L and it has me a bit concerned.:mad:

Glad your OK. You sure your neck doesn't hurt? :D

Ronald

tliss
10-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Damn Tom, that really sucks. Glad you're OK and able to post the story. Hopefully you escaped frame damage, but being without the truck is going to suck.

Again, all those pieces can be replaced but you can't. Glad to see that you came out unscathed.

The Other Tom

cpeapea
10-09-2004, 03:58 PM
man i say you got lucky and got away with a bumper and tail light. good thing is that youre ok.

Tex Arcana
10-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Wow.. welcome to LBJ Disasterway... and that sounds like a typical scenario. Good thing you weren't hurt, tho you best keep an eye on yourself, make sure you're not having headaches or neck pains.

One thing I like about trucks, is that HUGE impact-absorbing structure behind the cab... :D