PDA

View Full Version : Silver Bullet

Taszar
10-13-2004, 09:32 PM
I have a question to anyone who has an JDM "Silver Bullet." I currently have a Magnaflow 2 cat H-pipe with the flowmaster cat back on my 03. I was never completely satified with that set up so I ordered a "Silver Bullet." Any comments on how loud will that be? Its my daily driver. Should I put the factory cats back on?? Thanks for the info.

03LightningRocks
10-13-2004, 09:54 PM
I have a question to anyone who has an JDM "Silver Bullet." I currently have a Magnaflow 2 cat H-pipe with the flowmaster cat back on my 03. I was never completely satified with that set up so I ordered a "Silver Bullet." Any comments on how loud will that be? Its my daily driver. Should I put the factory cats back on?? Thanks for the info.
This is, of course, just my opinion, but I really feel the Magnaflow mufflers have a better sound than the flowmasters. I believe JDM uses the magnaflow brand mufflers on his set up. I also feel the X pipe is a better option than the H pipe on Lightnings.

To answer your question about Decible Level, the Silver bullet set ups I have heard where pretty loud and throaty...translation...I liked the sound.

Rocks

FRDRCING
10-13-2004, 11:05 PM
I can tell you that you will not be dissapointed with the Silver Bullet. Keep the high flow cats will sound better.

L8 APEX
10-13-2004, 11:09 PM
It will be close to ungodly, lots of pop and burble on decel:tu:

FRDRCING
10-13-2004, 11:31 PM
It will be close to ungodly, lots of pop and burble on decel:tu:

But isn't that a good thing :D

TX SVT LIGHTNING
10-17-2004, 05:00 PM
i've got a 2 wk old silver bullet i'm thinking about removing and selling (austin area). been fairly loud on highway speeds inside the cab, additional rattles too inside.

DamonH
10-18-2004, 04:02 PM
I loved my silver bullet. Sounded GREAT! Traded it for a Bassani. Love the Bassani. They each have pro's and con's. I really missed the Silver bullet at first, but the Bassani is so much nicer since I drove 40 miles round trip to work. :cool:

Mark #2
10-18-2004, 04:14 PM
I have the SB, with long tubes and high flow cats.

LOUD

I just installed some Bassani inserts in the tips to try to reduce the noise, didn't help much.

MARK(SORRY IF I AM SCREAMING, BUT I'M GETTING A LITTLE DEAF)

01svtL
10-21-2004, 10:42 PM
i've got a 2 wk old silver bullet i'm thinking about removing and selling (austin area). been fairly loud on highway speeds inside the cab, additional rattles too inside.

Hey man, shoot me a pm on the SB over on the HALO boards!