PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 upper installed/pics.

Alpine
10-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Well, last weekend, Mike and I decided we would try and install our 2.84 uppers with the puller that Gavin let us borrow.(thanks Gavin) I was a little worried about how it was going to come off. I have heard that you can mess up your shaft on your blower if you dont do it right. So with the help of Steve, Jeremy, and Steve-O, we decided to go ahead and do it. Being the nice guy that I am, I told Mike that we could do his first...:evil . The puller that we had was from LFP and it was a really nice tool and it only took about 20 minutes. It definately is alot easier to do with three people, if you have seen the tool, you would understand. It is definately a two man job, but three is nice. Jacob had polished the pulley that went on my truck(thanks Jake) before we installed it. Here are a few pictures...

L8 APEX
10-16-2004, 08:35 PM
It looks like a six gun cylinder, some custom paint maybe:D

Alpine
10-16-2004, 08:40 PM
It looks like a six gun cylinder, some custom paint maybe:DIt does, I tried to find some polished bolts that holds the pulley on the hub but you cant find metric. I just polished them myself.:tu:

03LightningRocks
10-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey.........I like the way the polished pulleys look. Does it take a special tool or something to do that. I want mine polished:eek: .

Nice Jeff:tu: .

Rocks:bows

Tex Arcana
10-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Well, last weekend, Mike and I decided we would try and install our 2.84 uppers with the puller that Gavin let us borrow.(thanks Gavin) I was a little worried about how it was going to come off. I have heard that you can mess up your shaft on your blower if you dont do it right. So with the help of Steve, Jeremy, and Steve-O, we decided to go ahead and do it. Being the nice guy that I am, I told Mike that we could do his first...:evil . The puller that we had was from LFP and it was a really nice tool and it only took about 20 minutes. It definately is alot easier to do with three people, if you have seen the tool, you would understand. It is definately a two man job, but three is nice. Jacob had polished the pulley that went on my truck(thanks Jake) before we installed it. Here are a few pictures...

Sweet job.. looks great. Do'nt listen to TErry, it looks cool like that. NOw, go paint the center of the bolts black, so it looks like the business end of a Vulcan cannon... :evil:

Alpine
10-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks fellas.

Ron, get your pulley to me and I can do it for you. If you have more than one you want polished, thats no problem. We can make them all look sweet.:tu:

PoorSvtman
10-17-2004, 01:23 AM
haha yea i was the test mule. I will try anything realy.. But it realy wasnt hard at all.... I still have gavens puller, need to get it back to you soon... But if he dosent mind we can do scotts if he ever gets off his arse :beer: