PDA

View Full Version : 10# lower pulley...

J.D. Blackwell
08-07-2002, 04:23 PM
I got my JL 10# lower pulley today. This S.O.B. is huge. My JL 3# lower fits inside of the 10# with room to spare.lol I should really spin the $h!t out of the Eaton now. I sure am glad I got the JL Supercooler.

TxBolt
08-07-2002, 06:40 PM
#10 :eek2: :eek2: :burnout:

spdfreak11
08-07-2002, 06:44 PM
Wow! Didn't even know there was such an animal as a 10# . ..

Enjoy it man! :burnout:

blueoval01
08-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
I got my JL 10# lower pulley today. This S.O.B. is huge. My JL 3# lower fits inside of the 10# with room to spare.lol I should really spin the $h!t out of the Eaton now. I sure am glad I got the JL Supercooler.

Crap!! Can you drive on the freeway or you gonna have it on a trailer ...........:confused:

Autothrottle
08-07-2002, 07:45 PM
When are you going to have that thing back together???
Did you ever get a cage installed ( like you'll need one;) )....

I know you've got one of these one order ( far right ) Let me know how you like it.....
http://members.aol.com/psporders/pump2.jpg

BLUSVT
08-08-2002, 08:32 AM
Isn't that a little over kill on the stock Eaton blower I thought they really could only huff up to 15 lbs efficiently am I wrong or is that 10# worth it?

J.D. Blackwell
08-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Autothrottle, No I don't have the elect. pump. I still want to be streetable....I thought about it and haven't made my mind up yet. I still haven't gotten the motor in yet. All I have to do is change out the valve springs and then slap on the timing chains, front cover, and valve covers and it can go in.

And yes it will still be streetable with the 10#.....at least where I drive it anyways. I not going to be scared driving to Dallas with it on either. I am also leaving my stock 3.55's in for streetability, so the rpm's won't be so hi on the motor.

devildog92
08-08-2002, 07:01 PM
Where did you get the pulley? What octane gas will you be running now since you have the 'monster' on? Who is going to retun your chip?

I know you have a crap-load of stuff done to your truck, but I told my wife I am selling my Mustang GT to possibly get the bottom-end of the L built, so this is why I am curious.

Thanks!

J.D. Blackwell
08-08-2002, 07:28 PM
I got it from John Wiker (aka Johnny Lightning)
717-786-4670

Jim @ JDM is reburning my chip. I e-mailed him today with my mods, cam specs, flow #'s, etc. Side 1 is with the 3# and I ask for conservative. Side 2 is for the 10# and I ask for conservative also. I am going to try not to do to much cutting up in it at first. When I go to the track I am running at full street weight and with the stock converter and F1's.(or Nitto DR's).
When I get comfortable with the 3#, I will switch to side 2 and change to the 10#.:D Hopefully I will be looking at 12.50's with the 3#. If that happens I know I can get 11's with the 10#.

It seems I will be far from the low 11 high 10's but I don't think that way. 11's without slicks, stock converter, and full weight is awesome! There is AT LEAST .8 of a second right there with the power I will be making. I am also changing the suspension a little when I get the bugs out.;)

T Hogg
08-08-2002, 10:11 PM
:D :d :D

Sixpipes
08-08-2002, 10:16 PM
He's Alive! :cool:

MadMax
08-09-2002, 01:32 AM
One thing.....how are you gonna keep the spark plugs contained within' the head? :D Until aftermarket heads are available you will most likely be on the threshold of spark plug ejection...IMHO :eek:

I like it though...its tight....phat..etc... :D

RCrown2
08-11-2002, 03:50 AM
i just recently put a 4# pulley in my L, and I still want to have more power, if I moved up to a 6# or 10# would those still give me the drivability around town and the highway? if not, is there anyway upgrading engine parts to make it ok as a daily driver?