PDA

View Full Version : On track

Mark #2
08-08-2002, 08:31 AM
FYI,
Mark

Hello All! We're trying to gauge interest in the On Track event scheduled for September 28- 29, 2002 at the Texas Motor

Speedway. This event is a great opportunity to see what your SVT vehicle can really do! Certified instructors will guide you and your vehicle through various activities to equal two days of FUN!

At this time, no price has been set. As mentioned above, we're simply trying to gauge interest and determine an initial head count.

If you think you would be interested in attending this event, please let Linda Cronin know by Friday, August 9th by sending her an e-mail at lindac@svtoa.com. THIS IS BY NO MEANS CONFIRMATION TO ATTEND (we're just simply trying to get an initial head count). Should we receive a low response the event may be cancelled.

Again, please e-mail Linda Cronin at lindac@svtoa.com by August 9th to express your interest to attend.
Thank you,

SVTOA

Silver_2000
08-08-2002, 08:45 AM
Linda

I am the Co-Founder of TALON the Texas Area Lightning Owners North. We have over 100 members.

Much of the membership is taking a wait and see attitude on the On track event this year based on past years experiences. If you want participation you need to get the details of who what where and how much nailed down.

Last year cost almost $200 dollars to run my truck for 7 laps of the infield course. The autocross and slalom were fun ( and by the way I posted the quickest time of anybody on Saturday in both timed events) but were not as well organized as a local autocross that costs $20.

If you can come up with a decent agenda and a decent price I can try to help drum up interest but it is dependant on the event.

Doug Boss
TALON
Webmaster
http://www.SVTLightnings.com
http://Talon.SVTLightnings.com

Mark #2
08-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Doug,
Excellent response...and I'd pay $100 just to go out on the big track again.:)

J.D. Blackwell
08-08-2002, 08:54 AM
So who all is going?

Crawford
08-08-2002, 09:10 AM
If there is drag racing I am probably in. If not well..... cout me out.

Moonshine
08-08-2002, 09:32 AM
If they have it at TMS I don't think they have anywhere they can do any drag racing. I already responded to Linda, making some of the same points Doug did about the agenda. I also didn't particularly care for the infield road course, with no safe runoff areas. I like to be able to push myself and the L, but can't afford to risk bending sheet metal.

wesman
08-08-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Crawford
If there is drag racing I am probably in. If not well..... cout me out.

Isn't this the same weekend as the FFW out in Ennis ?

I wont be able to do to either, I'll be in Florida tying the knot that weekend :)

--wes

GGus
08-08-2002, 04:41 PM
Doug,

Out of curiosity...how did it cost you $200 to attend the event? It was $40 for SVTOA membership and $50 for the event fee?

GGus

Silver_2000
08-08-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by GGus
Doug,

Out of curiosity...how did it cost you $200 to attend the event? It was $40 for SVTOA membership and $50 for the event fee?

GGus

I am almost certain I paid more than $50 for the event. My recollection was that it was over $150 so I exagerated to $200. Even if it was just $90 (seems like it was more.) The $$ makes no difference really, the almost universal impression of the folks who have attended the past few is that it is EXPENSIVE for what you get. In other words the Value proposition is not there.

Plus that is the ONLY thing I got out a years membership in SVTOA.

Doug

Just found $45 payment to SVTOA of NT last Sept 21. NOt sure what it was for ... Have to keep looking

LOL - next entry was $25 for Equipe Rapide SCC Inc. Autocross..

GGus
08-08-2002, 08:23 PM
Last year was the first year that you had to pay to attend an On Track event. As for value, yeah they made everyone pay the stupid $40 SVTOA membership just attend, but the $50 charged for the event basically covered the cost of the event. The club made no money off of it. They wanted us to charge at least $100 plus the cost of the membership and we refused. We'll see if they have one this year.

GGus