PDA

View Full Version : Read this!!!

BLUSVT
08-08-2002, 09:21 AM
Ford Lightning not that fast.
I was in my Black 2000 T/A 6sp and a 2001 Red lightning pulled up and wanted to race. Almost every street light the lightning would rev it up and peel out. On the fourth light, I decided to run him. I let him get the jump and so I was down by a car length then I got on it. By the end of second I was already ahead of him by half a car so I slowed down. I did'n't want to get a ticket and I was starting to pull hard on the Red Lightning. It was a quick, safe run. I had fun and look forward to some runs at the track this weekend.

LS1 power. These cars are fast!

This crap was on LS1.com under the Texas Memeber section hold on I will post everyone elses comments.

BLUSVT
08-08-2002, 09:22 AM
I'll agree you're faster than he was, but don't you also weigh alot less than him?

BLUSVT
08-08-2002, 09:23 AM
My friends dad bought him a 2002 black lightning, everytime we race the starts are about the same, but after I throw it in 2nd, he's behind me by about a car length or more, but then again they are trucks.

BLUSVT
08-08-2002, 09:26 AM
It is soooooooo funny when the LS1 guys post stuff about our trucks on there forums

Moonshine
08-08-2002, 09:27 AM
If you look at LS1.com much you'll see stories like that occasionally. Who knows? Some folks can't launch their L's, and there are some quick F bods out there. My personal experience - Took my wife's '99 LS1 6 speed to the track once and it runs a full second slower than my L.

98Cobra
08-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Weaaak. Lightnings are the slowest vehicles ever made in "LS1-land". I would say that most of this group will be honest if they lose a race, but its funny how THOSE stories never seem to show up over there. :rolleyes:

My recent "killed" story - ran a Buick GN in Plano on Sunday evening from a light, and he OWNED me. Stopped at the next red, gave hima thumbs up and talked to him for a sec, and he said the car runs mid-high 11s. I believe him!