PDA

View Full Version : Whats with this WEATHER!?

L1nt2B
10-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Is any body ells as sick of this Weather as I am? I have lived here my whole life and I don't think I will ever get used to it...it sucks!

99WhiteBeast
10-27-2004, 05:48 PM
agreed it sucks- I can't stand driving dirty rides.

Still beats that Northern dig my car out of snow everyday- thats:bs

Nuhklz
10-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Is any body ells as sick of this Weather as I am? I have lived here my whole life and I don't think I will ever get used to it...it sucks!
Agreed!

L-Fever
10-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Man, my truck is dirty! :eek2:

my2002lightning
10-27-2004, 07:27 PM
It could be worse! A friend of mine, Phil Geneaux (93Cobra on f150online.com) lives in Medina, OH. - we hung out/partied a bit while there...really nice guy! Mech. Engineers DO party. :beer:

He has a modded TB '02 L in the 12.66 range and he only put approx. 800 miles on his L this year - and he's only at ~14K miles total - I'm at almost 26K. :cool: He garages his L from approx Sept. to April to avoid the snow/salt.:eek2:

Bottom line, Northern winters suck, but overall, Texas isn't all that bad, except for the heat/humidity.

Don't make me post L snow-pics to prove my point! :D

DamonH
10-27-2004, 08:25 PM
He has a modded TB '02 L in the 12.66 range and he only put approx. 800 miles on his L this year - and he's only at ~14K miles total - I'm at almost 26K. :cool: He garages his L from approx Sept. to April to avoid the snow/salt.:eek2:

I bought my L from a guy in Medina, OH. Same story ... except my L is/was totally stock. :) He bought it in June '01 new, drove it till August or September, then stored it till I bought it in July '02 w/ 3000 miles on it. knana

my2002lightning
10-27-2004, 08:56 PM
That wouldn't be Marc Carpenter's '01 L would it?

I bought my L from a guy in Medina, OH. Same story ... except my L is/was totally stock. :) He bought it in June '01 new, drove it till August or September, then stored it till I bought it in July '02 w/ 3000 miles on it. knana

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-28-2004, 09:55 AM
In in chicago IL and its sunny, and 60 degrees..NICE!

Tex Arcana
10-28-2004, 02:04 PM
I love this weather.. relatively cool, moist (saves on irrigation bills), and sometimes rainy. Then again, I was born in Houston, where ya need gills for lungs, so this suits me fine. ;)

dboat
10-28-2004, 06:38 PM
OK,
What is all this garaging from Sept to April up north :Bullshit ?

I drove my L until Dec 1 last year, and brought it back out in March.. so it was up for 3 months virtually to the day.. We have way more days of cool weather, good for superchargers as long as you are tuned for it... nice cool thick air...
Tex, I was raised in Houston and lived there for 35 years... people in Dallas dont know humid until you spend some time in the terrarium known as Houston.
Dana

sonicbluetommy
10-28-2004, 10:58 PM
I think y'all are a bunch of whiners! :D

We have a saying back in Missouri: "If ya don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change."

I have seen highs of 70 one day and 12 the next.

I have seen 35 consecutive days below freezing with snow officially on the ground for all of those. That was just 2 years ago.

I have seen ice storms with up to 3" (YES! 3 INCHES) of ice. Talk about a mess, up to 50% of the population did not have power or heat that night and some people did without power for over 2 weeks. There were so many trees down in the streets you couldn't drive around.

Does anyone remember the floods of '93? Missouri's capitol was surrounded by the Mississippi on all sides with only one road leading in and out. I have pictures of water up to the bottom of the canopy's at gas stations.

I happen to think the weather down here is pretty damn nice, so stop your whinin! :hammer:

sonicbluetommy
10-28-2004, 11:03 PM
By the way, I picked up my L on Jan 29th, 2004. It was driven home that night in sleet and driven around in snow less than a week later.

Two weeks after that it made a trip to Denver, where we took it to Winter Park on a ski trip......8000ft up in the mountains with 5 ft snow banks on either side of the road.

Made the trip just fine!

Silver_2000
10-28-2004, 11:13 PM
I think y'all are a bunch of whiners! :D

We have a saying back in Missouri: "If ya don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change."

I have seen highs of 70 one day and 12 the next.

I have seen 35 consecutive days below freezing with snow officially on the ground for all of those. That was just 2 years ago.

I have seen ice storms with up to 3" (YES! 3 INCHES) of ice. Talk about a mess, up to 50% of the population did not have power or heat that night and some people did without power for over 2 weeks. There were so many trees down in the streets you couldn't drive around.

Does anyone remember the floods of '93? Missouri's capitol was surrounded by the Mississippi on all sides with only one road leading in and out. I have pictures of water up to the bottom of the canopy's at gas stations.

I happen to think the weather down here is pretty damn nice, so stop your whinin! :hammer:
Give me a break - 3 inches of ice !! Oooh Freezing for 35 days with snow for all 35 days ? Ooohh !!

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/buf/blizzard/blizphoto.html

I was 15 - We couldnt get out the front door. The garage door opened to a solid wall of white - My brother and I ended up going out the second story window with snow shovels to dig out the front door - then proceeded to spend 3 days digging out the driveway- The biggest issue was that it had already snowed a BUNCH so there already were BIG snowbanks before the blizzard hit. To shovel you would have to throw the snow up a minimum of 4-6 feet to get over the existing banks. They used payloaders to plow driveways since a normal snow plow had no where to push the snow...

And I walked 5 miles to school each way uphill both ways...

Doug

Doug

03LightningRocks
10-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Oh yeah............well I had to share one pair of shoes with two brothers.

Aggie Mom
10-29-2004, 02:35 PM
:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

Tex Arcana
11-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Tex, I was raised in Houston and lived there for 35 years... people in Dallas dont know humid until you spend some time in the terrarium known as Houston.
Dana

lol... more like a Black Lagoon.. most Houstonians end up looking like this, if they wanna survive:
http://viral-humanity.info/gallery/albums/album01/c2.gif

Tex Arcana
11-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Give me a break - 3 inches of ice !! Oooh Freezing for 35 days with snow for all 35 days ? Ooohh !!

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/buf/blizzard/blizphoto.html

I was 15 - We couldnt get out the front door. The garage door opened to a solid wall of white - My brother and I ended up going out the second story window with snow shovels to dig out the front door - then proceeded to spend 3 days digging out the driveway- The biggest issue was that it had already snowed a BUNCH so there already were BIG snowbanks before the blizzard hit. To shovel you would have to throw the snow up a minimum of 4-6 feet to get over the existing banks. They used payloaders to plow driveways since a normal snow plow had no where to push the snow...

And I walked 5 miles to school each way uphill both ways...

Doug

Doug

PROOF POSITIVE yer a damn yankee!!! :d

Besides, I had to walk 20 miles to school thru shark-, aligator-, and pirahna-infested waters, whiles dragging a side of raw beef, and ALL of it uphill!! :tongue:

DamonH
11-01-2004, 01:28 PM
That wouldn't be Marc Carpenter's '01 L would it?

No, can't remember his name off the top of my head but that wasn't it. I'm sure I could look it up if needbe.

dboat
11-01-2004, 08:42 PM
lol... more like a Black Lagoon.. most Houstonians end up looking like this, if they wanna survive:
http://viral-humanity.info/gallery/albums/album01/c2.gif

Yep thats me, the good looking one.. :D
Dana