PDA

View Full Version : pulled over by Irving cop

skalywags
10-30-2004, 10:27 PM
She was actually kind of cute. But not too bright. She pulled me over because my tail ilght was out. When She told me why she pulled me over, she asked me if I knew it was out. It would be real hard to guess that answer if you saw my truck. It's missing the lense and the housing is cracked to hell. Well, i couldn't help it, so I said "really? Oh that must be because I was rear ended last week. It'll be fixed next week". She then told me that i should avoid driving it until it was fixed.
She was nice, but just can't belive that she would pull me over for that. As for teh wreck I don't know if anyone remebers the post - 7 cars involved - 1 guys fault - $15,000 of insurance, at least 2 cars totaled, one a 2003 Protege. So it looks like I fix thru my Ins, pay the deductibel, then hope they get it back, and pay me back. That guy's insurance is really loving him right now!

jeff56
10-31-2004, 01:42 PM
She was nice, but just can't belive that she would pull me over for that.

She was just looking for other stuff, bro....warrants, dead bodies, etc. :) If it was night, most likely seeing if you were :beer:

skalywags
10-31-2004, 02:14 PM
7:30 pm

WA 2 FST
10-31-2004, 02:33 PM
I would try to settle the claim through the _other guy's_ insurance and not file a claim through yours. Even if it gets worked out and your insurance co. gets reimbursed (and I'm sure they will, that's not the issue), it still goes down as "activity" on your insurance record.

Just being in the wrong place, at the wrong time DOES affect your insurance rates. One fender-bender won't do anything. But over a period of time, minor stuff that isn't even your fault can raise your rates.

FRDRCING
11-02-2004, 10:42 PM
She was just looking for other stuff, bro....warrants, dead bodies, etc. :) If it was night, most likely seeing if you were :beer:

Does NRH have a bad rep for the getting :beer: drivers like keller does? I was pulled over a few months ago for a ligth that lights up the rear tag. Don't know what the deal was, I was not speeding, they were at least 50-75yrds. down the road the other way before they made a u-turn on 377. It was ruffly around 3:00 A:M. I know that had a lot to do with it but why did they wait till they were that far the other way before they made the u-turn in the middle of the road and hall ass to pull me over :confused:

TreeFiddy
11-03-2004, 02:03 AM
...why did they wait till they were that far the other way before they made the u-turn in the middle of the road and hall ass to pull me over :confused:

So they would have an excuse to drive really, really fast and to run their siren and lights. Cops get bored, too.

jeff56
11-03-2004, 05:18 PM
So they would have an excuse to drive really, really fast and to run their siren and lights. Cops get bored, too.

Ha Ha! :) Possibly, but really no telling. Could have been that he didn't really want to mess with it and then decided what heck, there's nothing else going on.

I don't think NRH has quite the numbers as Keller when it comes to DWIs. NRH does its fair share, but Keller pulls in crazy numbers. I think a lot of it has to do with Denton Hwy and 114. NRH really doesn't work 820 much...most of the guys tend to stay down in the city where they can keep a better eye on property interests, etc.

That's basically all midnight shift officers do though....if you're out on the street after midnight and have something wrong with your ride, it's very likely you'll get stopped. On that same hand, you're very unlikely to get a ticket, cause who cares if your lp light is out, etc. It's just a way to check for DWIs, stolen cars, drugs, burglars, etc. I've heard a lot of people get really pissed off about getting stopped for some of the "bs" violations, but if you're stuff is squared away, you should (hopefully) be treated respectfully and be on your way quickly. At the same time, if some punks just jacked your truck's cd player, hopefully they'll get stopped for not signaling a turn and the cop will see it on the back seat and investigate further! :beer: