PDA

View Full Version : Go Vote!

L1nt2B
11-02-2004, 05:14 PM
if ya haven't already :tu:

TreeFiddy
11-02-2004, 05:29 PM
There is no excuse not to vote this election. None.

WA 2 FST
11-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Supposedly a record turnout. I know it has to be crowded at our local voting place. My wife and I voted 2 weeks ago (first day of early voting) and waited 45+ minutes in line.

blueoval01
11-02-2004, 05:43 PM
There is no excuse not to vote this election. None. Did and Done. Bright and early this morning.
No lines. Took me 15 minutes in & out!! :tu:

Wht95Lightning
11-02-2004, 06:30 PM
I voted 2 weeks ago at TCC North Campus. I am in New Orleans right now and it's raining like a biatch!

dboat
11-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Got there at 7:05a this morning and walked out at 8:05a.. only three darned booths, plus too many old folks running the thing.. what a mess.. but I voted...
Dana

Nuhklz
11-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Vote so you can complain!

SpeedyBolt
11-02-2004, 07:30 PM
This was my first year to vote. I've never really been political but I could not handle the crap Kerry was saying so I had to vote. Not that it matters, With the whole electoral college thing, Bush was going to win Texas. I just don't understand why it can't be popular vote! It seems that would give the "true" winner of the presidency. After all, is'nt every vote supposed to count? Oh well, did my part.

dboat
11-02-2004, 08:11 PM
This was my first year to vote. I've never really been political but I could not handle the crap Kerry was saying so I had to vote. Not that it matters, With the whole electoral college thing, Bush was going to win Texas. I just don't understand why it can't be popular vote! It seems that would give the "true" winner of the presidency. After all, is'nt every vote supposed to count? Oh well, did my part.

There is a real reason why... most of the population of the US is held within a small number of very populous cities.. It would be possible to actually buy an election or to manipulate it if it was a popular vote. The other reason is that by having an electoral college, it would be easier to have a third party candidate possibly win. The two major parties would not like that very much. The only time they grouse about the college is when you have a close popular vote election..
Having said that, if Bush would have campaigned harder in Tx in the last election, he might have gotten more votes out and had a large win in the popular vote.. IMHO
Dana

Crawford
11-02-2004, 08:17 PM
I voted about 2 weeks ago. Was a piece of cake. Took about 10 minutes. I drove by the same place over the weekend and there was a HUGE line. Thought they were showing a sneek peek at Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith or something! Glad I got it sorted out early. :D

WA 2 FST
11-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Dana nailed it. If it was just a popular vote, can you imagine the candidates giving much of a rip about anyone in this country except those that live in the large metropolitan areas? Nope. The entire western half of the US (except CA) would be ignored. As it is, those areas/states don't have a big say in it, but at least they have _something_. Their vote now actually counts with the electoral college.

Last time there were millions of overseas votes (military, etc) that didn't get counted, either. 65-70% of those votes were Bush backers. Saying Gore won the popular vote is just another way for liberals to shake their fists.:crying:

But who knows... I may be :crying: when this is all done this time around.

wesman
11-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Did it a few minutes ago at the local elementary school ...in and out in 15-20 mins

--wes

my2002lightning
11-02-2004, 09:44 PM
We both voted early this morning at Collin Cty. Comm. College just up the blvd.... in-and-out in no time.
From another board: :beer:

http://505.aftermath-gaming.net/images/misc/drink1.gif
http://505.aftermath-gaming.net/images/misc/drink2.gif

TreeFiddy
11-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Gore would not have won the popular vote if the popular vote mattered. Tons of people in Bush states didn't vote because they knew the outcome was not in doubt. If they'd known that the liberals aren't smart enough to realize that and would make an issue about it for four years they would have shown up. If Kerry wins the election I predict he will lose the popular vote. I also predict that if that's the case you won't hear the conservatives making an issue out of it other than to turn the screw on the libs.

MoorePowerToYou
11-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Did my duty and got out of work....it's a no brainer ! :rll:

99WhiteBeast
11-03-2004, 10:10 AM
The local polling place is a block from my house. It was crazy over there the last two weeks and I heard about hour long waits. I was in and out in 15 min. yesterday.

A big NO to fund Jerry World but it didn't matter.
55% for the stadium
45% against

Lyfisin
11-03-2004, 11:39 AM
My wife and I went last night at 4:30. There was zero wait in Allen where went.

I just saw Kerry conceded on CNN.