PDA

View Full Version : 12v source for gauge lights

WA 2 FST
11-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Hey guys,

Well I got my pod installed, gauge hooked up... all is functioning fine. You're going to laugh, but at first I didn't realize this pod just sits on top of the OEM steering column cover. I thought you removed the top half of the cover and installed this in its place. Not sure what I think about that, to be honest. It's _easier_, but not as clean.

Anyway its on and working...except when I tried to tie into the fuse box (pull appropriate fuse, attach wire, reinsert fuse) I'm not getting any lights on my gauge. Checked ground and it is good. I'm confused by this. Triple-checked and I am in the correct fuse slot. Strange.

Several of you mentioned removing the headlight switch cover. Not sure how to do that. Looks like there's a place at the bottom where you could stick a screwdriver. I pryed a little on that, but was hesitatant to really pry hard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jeff56
11-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Here you go:

From NHOTC how-to thread on the subject:

My comments I added:

Also....on the power hook-up, if you hook it up to the light blue wire with red stripe on the headlight panel (instead of the brown), the gauge light will function with the dimmer.

And a little more:

For a dimmer controlled wire, remove headlight / dimmer switch pod from dash. The top wire is blue with a red tracer this is a dimmable hot on a 03 HD. Removal of pod can be accomplished by using two flat bladed screw drivers and prying gently outward ,one in the bottom notch and the other in the right side, it is in there pretty darn good, just take your time.

Thread is here:

http://www.nhtoc.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=997

You definitely don't want to hook it straight to the fuse box and I've heard some advise installing an in-line fuse after your splice.

WA 2 FST
11-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Done, thanks! Looks great. The Lunar series backlighting looks incredibly close to the stock lighting, so its a great match.