PDA

View Full Version : Will 2000 Superchip work in my 1999???

Racingki
11-20-2004, 01:56 AM
I met a guy that pulled his chip out of his 2000 lightning and I was curious if it would work in my 99? if so, is there anything i need to do to my truck to get it or should i have it reburned or what? I'm in plano so if you could also tell me where to go to get it burned it would help. thanx

Dave T.

f150freak
11-20-2004, 02:03 AM
If your PCM has had the updated reflash then I think it will, but i'm not totaly sure on that.

03LightningRocks
11-20-2004, 04:14 AM
I met a guy that pulled his chip out of his 2000 lightning and I was curious if it would work in my 99? if so, is there anything i need to do to my truck to get it or should i have it reburned or what? I'm in plano so if you could also tell me where to go to get it burned it would help. thanx

Dave T.It's all about the computer code. If his computer code is the same as yours, and your mods are similar........I can see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Personally, I would have it reburned. You didn't mention who tuned that chip. If it happened to be speed works.....watch out. Speed works can't tune for sh!t.

The fellow alot of us use here is Terry Cole(L8Apex).

Rocks

Racingki
11-20-2004, 11:39 AM
his said his ecu code was cux2. will that work with mine or can i buy it and have it reburned?

Silver_2000
11-20-2004, 12:02 PM
his said his ecu code was cux2. will that work with mine or can i buy it and have it reburned?As ron said it depends on what your code is

99's were originally cux1 - BUT many have been updated to the 2000 code which is CUX2

If the codes dont match the truck wont start

Doug

Racingki
11-20-2004, 12:10 PM
where is the ecu located?

Racingki
11-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I found it and is there anyway to know if it has had the reflash? will there be a cux2 sticker on it? cause mine has a slightly torn cux1 sticker. If i do need to have the reflash how much does it cost and the dealership.

L8 APEX
11-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Stick the chip in and if it doesn't start you will need to either get the PCM updated to CUX2 at the dealer normally 100 bucks or so. Or I can reburn the Superchip for 50 bucks and you will know what the tune is for. Is there a label on the back of the chip? I will be at the shop for a few hours if you need anything.

Racingki
11-20-2004, 12:32 PM
So even if though it says cux2 you can reprogram it to work on my cux1? if so then i will go ahead and buy it from him, it's the cuperchips flip chip.

03LightningRocks
11-20-2004, 11:26 PM
So even if though it says cux2 you can reprogram it to work on my cux1? if so then i will go ahead and buy it from him, it's the cuperchips flip chip.

Sh!t Dude, I thought you had already bought the chip, so I didn't want you to think you got took. That chip is no longer going to be sold. New technology is out that allows better(more accurate) tuning. Don't buy the darned thing, it is yesterdays tuna.....you know....day old bread....stale and a little stinky.

I would look into the newer four bank technology.

Rocks:beer: