PDA

View Full Version : Buying Firewood?

L8 APEX
11-25-2004, 10:56 PM
I heard there are large distributors in East Texas that sell it straight to the public. Maybe JD knows? Buying firewood in Dallas has gotten very expensive over 200 dollars a cord and they cut it short to boot!

03LightningRocks
11-25-2004, 11:05 PM
I heard there are large distributors in East Texas that sell it straight to the public. Maybe JD knows? Buying firewood in Dallas has gotten very expensive over 200 dollars a cord and they cut it short to boot!

I am in need myself Terry. Maybe we could get a better price if you and I split the cost on a larger amount.

Rocks:beer:

Alpine
11-25-2004, 11:45 PM
Ron and Terry, My mom and dads house out at lake fork has tons of firewood from a big storm they had this summer. Its cut up but not split. I called and ask if they wanted to get rid of alot it and they said sure. You can have it for free. I dont have a trailor ,so I dont know how I could bring it to you.. If you just want a little for now, I can fill up the back of my truck. I am going Saturday night and coming back Sunday so let me know. If you have a trailor, maybe we can work something out.:tu:
Jeff.

Silver_2000
11-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Gas Logs .........

dboat
11-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Gas Logs ......... :tu:

I am totally on board with that one.. have it myself.

Dana

L8 APEX
11-26-2004, 11:00 AM
I am not buying it for me and neither my friend or I have gas service.

Silver_2000
11-26-2004, 11:25 AM
After heating a house in Upstate NY solely on Firewood I collected - and chopped my self for 2 seasons - I HIGHLY recommend getting gas logs or propane - its cheaper and much easier

Somewhere I have pictures of the wood stove glowing red hot ..... It was on a concrete floor in the basement of the house - Also have pictures of water bubbling on the concrete below the stove....

Just my $0.02.....

Doug

03LightningRocks
11-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Jeff,

I appreciate the offer, but I was thinking about having it delivered and stacked :D . Split...ready to use.....:rll: .

Maybe we could get Terry to bring it to me, split the logs and stack them neatly in my back yard;) .

Rocks:beer:

cpeapea
11-26-2004, 06:19 PM
there was a place out in iredel that i heard selling a cord for 80, this is what my boss said

George G.
11-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Call me cheap but I just don't see the purpose of paying for firewood. That's like burning money to stay warm.. Just light your $80 bucks and watch it burn away. If I had a trailer, I'd be all over that wood Alpine. I'd even come pick it up...how far is Lake Fork? What kinda wood is it and is it seasoned or rotted?

But I know that not everyone has a chainsaw and a splitter, much less unlimited access to dead or fallen trees...leavine buying wood the only option.

wesman
11-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Jeff,

If you still have some of the wood left I'd like to come pick some up. I can borrow DamonH's trailer and get a trailer load. Let me know if you still have any you wanna get rid of.

--wes

Alpine
11-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Jeff,

If you still have some of the wood left I'd like to come pick some up. I can borrow DamonH's trailer and get a trailer load. Let me know if you still have any you wanna get rid of.

--wes I am going out there this evening, I know there is a bunch. Let me see how much they have and I will let you know.
Jeff.

wesman
11-28-2004, 02:41 AM
cool...let me know

L8 APEX
11-28-2004, 02:44 AM
This is my firewood thread back off suckers!

my2002lightning
11-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Wood-burning stoves "warm the bones" - gas just warms the "skin".

The old-timers say this and I tend to agree.

L8 APEX
11-28-2004, 10:37 AM
The modern fireplace is for decoration and may actually cool the home thorugh convection and pulling cool air though leaks in outer walls to go up the chimney.