PDA

View Full Version : Went to the dyno today

SonicBlueSVT
11-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Finally got a chance to take the L up to Keith Craft and put it up on the dyno today. The numbers were 401hp / 527tq SAE . That's pretty much what I was thinking it was going to make. Timing stayed at 15deg during the run and I was seeing 14lbs of boost. Air Fuel stayed at a steady 11.5.

My mods are as follows:
- 6lb pulley
- C&L Upper Intake
- C&L Inlet Tube
- JLP Cold Air
- JLP Predator Tune
- PR 'Loud' Exhaust system

At Hallsville a few weeks ago it ran a 12.8@109 and so I think my times reflect my power pretty well. This Sat. I will have some tires that actually hook and so hopefully I can get deeper into the 12's. We'll see :)

WA 2 FST
11-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Chris,

I think your times are right in line with your dyno #s... if not higher. Of course, you ran in really good air that Saturday, so your _actual_ HP/TQ #s were probably higher than what your corrected figures show.

It's running strong, and that's great!

Now just think... slap a KB or Whipple on there, and making the same 14psi of boost, you could see 450-460rwhp with ZERO other mods. :d

02BOLT
11-30-2004, 10:43 PM
You have a really sharp truck! That Sonic Blue looks fantastic with those chrome '01-'02 style 20's!:tu: I was out at Hallsville at that Corvette shootout a couple weeks back and saw you run. We were impressed with your 12 second ET's at 109+ mph on 20" radials. With a set of slicks this weekend, I'd look for her to run some solid mid-low 12's. See ya there.

Goodluck,
Rob