PDA

View Full Version : Dyno numbers too high??

TX SVT LIGHTNING
12-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I dynoed my '04 stock in April:
356.0 rwhp & 427.1 rwtq

So today the truck has
3lb lower,
Terry's Mild Catback,
SCT Race tune,
100 oct gas,
stock airbox with holes cut
K&N panel filter.
That's it! I dynoed it today:
402.1rwhp & 494.6rwtq SAE http://www.austinsvt.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Sound right to y'all?

BLACKSUNSHINE
12-03-2004, 03:02 PM
That seems about right, those are good numbers. If your race tune is tuned for 100 octane you could pull those #'s, especially with this cool air. I pulled 406 / 510 rwtq in the middle on summer w/ a 4#

WA 2 FST
12-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Yep. Sounds right to me. See my post earlier this week.

I have a 4#, but the same basic mods (Magnaflow quiet cat-back, SCT 9100, conical air filter) and on my street tune for 93 made 393/482 SAE.

I wonder what your actual #s were. I'm betting over 420rwhp. :)

The correction factors are there for a reason. Dynoing in the summer only hurts bad if you heat soak the engine, and "hot lap" on the dyno, doing pull after pull after pull... without letting the heat exchanger get the I/C coolant temps back down to a respectable range. Where you see the benefit of doing the dyno on a cold day is that your _actual_ power numbers (which they may have not even shown you) will be higher than the corrected #s, vs. summer where the actuals will be lower than the corrected #s.

Your truck is running well! :D Congrats!

BLACKSUNSHINE
12-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Yep. Sounds right to me. See my post earlier this week.

I have a 4#, but the same basic mods (Magnaflow quiet cat-back, SCT 9100, conical air filter) and on my street tune for 93 made 393/482 SAE.

I wonder what your actual #s were. I'm betting over 420rwhp. :)

The correction factors are there for a reason. Dynoing in the summer only hurts bad if you heat soak the engine, and "hot lap" on the dyno, doing pull after pull after pull... without letting the heat exchanger get the I/C coolant temps back down to a respectable range. Where you see the benefit of doing the dyno on a cold day is that your _actual_ power numbers (which they may have not even shown you) will be higher than the corrected #s, vs. summer where the actuals will be lower than the corrected #s.

Your truck is running well! :D Congrats!

I pulled 414/495 with the ice box packed. So in the cold air I bet I should be around 420/ Its the TQ numbers that change so much on mine, I need to get the TQ back up. I lost a few with the long tube's. Maybe a 6# will correct that.