PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Fog Light Rewire!!!

SVTgirl
12-06-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm guessing that there is something different about the 04's wiring because when I did the rewire for my fog lights to be on with my park lights, my head lights would turn on when ever I would pull out the switch. I did everything the instructions told me too, and yes, I did connect the right wires!!! If anyone knows why this is happening, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Thanks ~
Marie

tliss
12-06-2004, 03:49 PM
I'm guessing that there is something different about the 04's wiring because when I did the rewire for my fog lights to be on with my park lights, my head lights would turn on when ever I would pull out the switch. I did everything the instructions told me too, and yes, I did connect the right wires!!! If anyone knows why this is happening, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Thanks ~
Marie
Did you cut the plastic retainer deal in the right place? Can you pull the knob out with just your parking lights on? I figure you did, but you did not mention it. If you did do that, the only thing I could thing would be the problem is maybe the '04 wiring color coding is different...you may have tapped the correct wire color-wise, but it may not be the correct wire. I don't know, tho. L8 APEX should be able to figure this out for you.

Tom

SVTgirl
12-06-2004, 04:06 PM
I did cut the knob in the right place and I connected wire number 2 and 12 together. I don't know what the deal is!! When I have my park lights on and I pull the knob for the fog lights to turn on, my headlights turn on also!!! It really ticks me off!!!!

Marie

Alpine
12-06-2004, 05:04 PM
There is a fuse you have to pull out , it is for the daytime running lights. Its a Canada thing on some L's. I will go to the garage and find out which one for you. Your wires are right. Its a fuse at the fusebox inside the truck.:tu: