PDA

View Full Version : New Owner Here. Just saying Hello

Ron C
08-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum, I just purchased a 2002 Silver Lightning this past week, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you folks at the local events you have here in Dallas.

What are the first mods you recommend? Any advice, and tips are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Ron

wesman
08-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Congrats and welcome.....hook up with Terry(Performance Research)...he'll lead you down the path of enlightenment :)

--wes

L8 APEX
08-17-2002, 10:28 PM
Hey Ron C:) I have been messing with an 03' Cobra all day. I was bored with it when I picked it up but the trip back after mods made it all worth while. That car needs some design changes but is a fun bucket to scoot around in. The Lightning performance starter kit usually consists of Chip N' Filter everyone says that is one word with the trucks. Though lately it has been chip, filter n' pulley:D aybe next month it will be chip, filter, pulley, and trans kit;) Anyway I am the local vendor, installer and support for JDM, PSP, and other popular products. I work all kinds of hours to feed the wolf pack. I am doing two or three trucks tomorrow since the 03 Cobra took lnnger than expected, will all of the test driving and fine tuning of course:burnout::D

Ron C
08-18-2002, 01:27 AM
Hey Terry,
Where is your shop, or do you do things on the side? I'm interested in a Pulley and Chip.... What kind of deal can you make me???? How much boost can you add without sacrificing reliability? I was thinking along the lines of an extra 6psi, but you guys should know more about it than myself.....

Thanks!

L8 APEX
08-18-2002, 02:25 AM
I have a shop at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson. Since nobody likes to drive that far I use a buddy's shop in Duncanville a lot. Call or Email me to discuss your package:tu: I do still have a day job so I do trucks after 5pm and on the weekends which suits most members:)

Silver_2000
08-18-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ron C
Hey Terry,
Where is your shop, or do you do things on the side? I'm interested in a Pulley and Chip.... What kind of deal can you make me???? How much boost can you add without sacrificing reliability? I was thinking along the lines of an extra 6psi, but you guys should know more about it than myself.....

Thanks!

Ron

Welcome

You might want to get a few more miles and hours reading the forums under your belt before you jump in at 6 #....

Like Terry said most folks do chip and filter first. The SOTP difference from them is significant... Run them a while then decide on the pulley ... That way you can smile all over again... If you KNOW you are gonna get a pulley you can have your chip burned for it now and run that chip for a few months before you get the pulley no problem. The extra fuel and other changes for the pulley wont hurt anything....

Keep your eyes peeled here for info on meetings both official and impromptu

Doug

MadMax
08-18-2002, 11:44 AM
welcome...... :D