PDA

View Full Version : Boost a ....

Mark #2
12-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Any opinions on the Boost a pump or Boost a spark products? Any one running them?

00Bolt
12-13-2004, 05:30 PM
i think alot are running the blasma booster... :confused:

Mark #2
12-13-2004, 05:32 PM
i think alot are running the blasma booster... :confused:
I've witnessed the dynos done with the PB module, no thanks for me.
Mark

WA 2 FST
12-13-2004, 05:45 PM
My experience (based soley on running blowers/forced induction on Mustangs) is that you'd be better off with a quality in-tank or in-line pump than the Kenne Bell BAP. It can be erratic as far as when it actually spikes the voltage to the pump. Not something you want, IMHO.

The concept is cool, but in practice I think there are better options.

dboat
12-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Rocks did the plasma booster and dyno'd it with us at one of those big dyno day things.. no gain... but some pain.. :evil
Dana

02BOLT
12-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Once again, I agree with bad Wes. The "boost-a-pump" is basically a "band-aid" type of solution. At your power level, you'd be better off in the long run going the pumps and injectors route. Reason being, if you ever decide to do a built motor, the upgraded pumps and injectors will work well with the added HP. Whereas the "boost-a-pump" would be useless at those elevated power levels.

I went with the twin Walbro 255 lph in tank pumps, and a set of high MSD 50 lb/hr high impedance injectors(which are now on Rock's truck). I wanna say the pumps were around $300.00 bucks or so. The injectors are a little more, at around $600.00 for the set. Not cheap, but well worth it IMHO.

You can get them seperately so it's not such a hard hit to the ole wallet. The pumps will not require a chip or programer reburn, but are more labor intensive, as the tank has to be dropped. They will increase your fuel pressure to upwards of 55-60psi, which would help suffice until you're ready for the injectors(if you decided to go that route).

L8 APEX
12-13-2004, 11:08 PM
I would do pump and injectors the boost a pump overdrives the stock pumps up to 18-20 volts:eek: . I think coil on plug spark is hot enough for anything we do.

Mark #2
12-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Guys,

Thanks for all the inputs. Guess it's time for pumps.

Mark