PDA

View Full Version : Sweet

00Bolt
12-15-2004, 12:05 PM
well as many of you know I own a trophy store in Arlington... well today a man came in and bought a gold baseball glove trophy... and when I took his info down he said his name was Vernon Wells. and I replied... ohh kinda like the Toronto Blue Jays OF... he said, yup just like that... thats my son... I knew he went to Bowie High school cuz he is same age as me... and I have been following him since then.... one of my best friends in high school was a top ranked catcher in the ration....also like Vernon and was drafted straight out of high school... but by the Rangers (his dad is Chuck Morgan)

anyway, i talked to him for a while and he was nice.... just thought it was kinda cool because im such a sports nut and sorta almost met someone famous.... i didnt straight up ask for an autograph cuz I didnt wanna seem rude, but hoping he brings me one back tomorrow... if not, maybe Ill ask him to bring me one next time he in area... he still lives here in Southlake in offseason, but dad lives in A-Town still....

most prolly wouldnt care, but kinda made my day!!

003slvr
12-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Ya, Kelly was a great High School catcher and did great at Alabama, but I haven't heard much about him since. :)

00Bolt
12-15-2004, 02:27 PM
i talked to him not too long ago... around spring break time.... he still playing for some AA team

how did you know kelly?

003slvr
12-15-2004, 06:08 PM
im friends with his younger brother

00Bolt
12-15-2004, 06:52 PM
oh Rhet.... if ya see him, tell him I said hi... he should remember me.. Scott Lang

jcblack
12-15-2004, 07:44 PM
I went to school with him. He was friends with my sister and used to stop by the house. He lived in the neighborhood right next to us. His dad, the one that you talked to, goes to Melissa's job often