PDA

View Full Version : Back slider glass rattles when cold

Sandman
12-15-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure what part is rattling, but its really annoying. When I bought the truck, the back glass leaked. They resealed it. I don't know if they did something wrong. Is there some type of grease I can put in the track to try and stop it?

PoorSvtman
12-15-2004, 12:40 PM
i think its the cold weather, mine never rattled till this morning, but if i pushed towards the open position, but not open it, it stoped

00Bolt
12-15-2004, 12:51 PM
mine has done the same thing the past couple days.....i just barley opened it and it stoped... what a piece of crap... im selling this hoopty ride

j/k

BLACKSUNSHINE
12-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Stick a penny between the rail and the glass :D ...worked on all 3 of my F150's. My L is fine though

Sandman
12-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Yeah, mine gets much better if I just barely open it.

Cammin4V
12-15-2004, 03:30 PM
mine rattles constantly....although its usually the bass rattling it.

03LightningRocks
12-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Maybe you just need a louder exhaust system:D . I can't hear sh!t in my Lightning....between the supercharger noise and the exhaust, I believe my door could rattle off and I wouldn't notice until the wind started whipping around the cab.

Rocks:cool:

my2002lightning
12-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Andy,

I find this sort of puzzling. I figure that my late manufacture '02 L spent plenty of time in the OH. winter as I picked it up in 2/03 and it's in TX. for 2 summers with plenty of hot/cold/snow/rain thrown at it.

Honestly, mine's never leaked or rattled. Just stay on them and make them fix it.:tu:

Like Uncle Rocks said, you might need a louder exhaust. :D Between my Air-Raid and PR's Big-Mouth exhaust, I can't hear a thing!

I have to pull over while running errands to take cell calls.

Sandman
12-16-2004, 12:57 AM
My wife's Lariet never rattles. But then again, we never open the back window. Mine started on the way out to Hallsville. Now, whenever it is cold, it rattles. I've got an air leak on my passenger door. I've got to take it in to get it fixed. I'll have them look at the back glass then.

my2002lightning
12-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Just keep an eye on your L and the "garage monkeys" when they're attending to your L.

They tend to treat them like farm-trucks and dont always treat them delicatly as we would like.

My wife's Lariet never rattles. But then again, we never open the back window. Mine started on the way out to Hallsville. Now, whenever it is cold, it rattles. I've got an air leak on my passenger door. I've got to take it in to get it fixed. I'll have them look at the back glass then.