PDA

View Full Version : X-Plan Pin #'s

True Blue Aggie
12-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Anyone have any x-plan pin numbers available? I might be looking for one here real soon....PM me if you have one to spare :tu:

Aggie Mom
12-19-2004, 09:33 PM
If you still have a bank account at USAA Federal Credit Union you can get it through their website.

L8 APEX
12-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Depending on which type of PIN it is you have to show proof of employment with the sponsoring employer. I can get a PIN from a buddy but I have to work for that company to make it legit. most dealers will go to X plan for anyone though with negotiation.

True Blue Aggie
12-19-2004, 10:39 PM
I still have the account at USAA and they should be calling me back tomorrow for the loan information.

We went looking at cars again today....checked out the following:
05' Acura TL
05' Volvo S60 R
05' Audi A4
05' Nissan Maxima

Really liked the Volvo based on the large seating, and the 300 hp under the hood, but the pricing might be way outta wack. We might test drive the S40 T5 because of its lower costs. Volvo accepts Ford X-plan pin numbers hence the request.....
The Maxima really did nothing for either one of us...
I liked the Acura, and we are keeping that choice in the back of our head....

r1eater
12-19-2004, 10:57 PM
I still have the account at USAA and they should be calling me back tomorrow for the loan information.

We went looking at cars again today....checked out the following:
05' Acura TL
05' Volvo S60 R
05' Audi A4
05' Nissan Maxima

Really liked the Volvo based on the large seating, and the 300 hp under the hood, but the pricing might be way outta wack. We might test drive the S40 T5 because of its lower costs. Volvo accepts Ford X-plan pin numbers hence the request.....
The Maxima really did nothing for either one of us...
I liked the Acura, and we are keeping that choice in the back of our head....

Keep in mind he Volvo is FWD. Torque steer is a biatch.. Acural or AUdi for sure.. I can tell you that the Audi warranty is awesome, they cover all oil changes fluids etc etc..

True Blue Aggie
12-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Keep in mind he Volvo is FWD. Torque steer is a biatch.. Acural or AUdi for sure.. I can tell you that the Audi warranty is awesome, they cover all oil changes fluids etc etc..
Not if you get the AWD versions....:D
Then you just have to worry about not breaking your neck..

r1eater
12-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Not if you get the AWD versions....:D
Then you just have to worry about not breaking your neck..

Sweet!! Well you know I am gonna lean towards the Audi ;) Best car I ever owned period.. I should have kept it :(

True Blue Aggie
12-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Sweet!! Well you know I am gonna lean towards the Audi ;) Best car I ever owned period.. I should have kept it :(
I should have bought it...:(

r1eater
12-19-2004, 11:04 PM
I should have bought it...:(

On the brite side, I work with the lady that bought it, I may have a chance to buy it back someday :)

L8 APEX
12-19-2004, 11:27 PM
What is the diff in the A4 vs S4? I bet the A4 hoses. As for the S4 I think Will broke as many Audi parts than I did Lightning parts:rll: .

PoorSvtman
12-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Depending on which type of PIN it is you have to show proof of employment with the sponsoring employer. I can get a PIN from a buddy but I have to work for that company to make it legit. most dealers will go to X plan for anyone though with negotiation.

Ford employees cant get xplan for family and friends. The person that works for ford has to set up the pin # under your name with your SS #

My ex g/f mom works for ford credit or something and thats how we got my moms x plan pin # for her truck

Silver_2000
12-19-2004, 11:36 PM
yeah freinds and family pins are easy to get - I told aggie how to get one easy

PoorSvtman
12-19-2004, 11:58 PM
yeah freinds and family pins are easy to get - I told aggie how to get one easy

Yea its easy unless the dealership is a moron. It was a pain for my mom. The dealership kept screwing up. I finaly told them to fix the problem and stop calling everyday saying they lost paper work or screwed up.. I got tired of hearing the phone calls.

Sandman
12-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Ford employees cant get xplan for family and friends. The person that works for ford has to set up the pin # under your name with your SS #

My ex g/f mom works for ford credit or something and thats how we got my moms x plan pin # for her truck
You're right. Ford employess can't get the xplan for family and friends... They get an A or D plan pin... which is better than X plan.

jim woods
12-20-2004, 01:11 AM
My vote goes for the S40 T5. It has to be the most comfortable seating/seats position in a car, thats why my wife bought it and the safety of Volvo.She bought it 4 months ago when they had that big dealer cash/markting support offer.The car is fast enough for a women and inside is very slick.

Silver_2000
12-20-2004, 01:27 AM
You're right. Ford employess can't get the xplan for family and friends... They get an A or D plan pin... which is better than X plan.
YES employees CAN get X plan for friends

I guess they may also be able to get the better plans for family ... BUT they definately CAN get Xplans for freinds

Doug

r1eater
12-20-2004, 04:26 PM
What is the diff in the A4 vs S4? I bet the A4 hoses. As for the S4 I think Will broke as many Audi parts than I did Lightning parts:rll: .

A4 = mustang GT S4 = Cobra

An S4 is what an A4 wants to be when it grows up :)

One thing I can say about that S4 engine, is that its one of the most reliable engines I've seen. Taking a car that runs normally 6-8 lbs and puts out 260HP stock and turning into a 18-21lb boosted 400hp car with same internals.... Woot there it is knana

True Blue Aggie
12-21-2004, 01:00 AM
My vote goes for the S40 T5. It has to be the most comfortable seating/seats position in a car, thats why my wife bought it and the safety of Volvo.She bought it 4 months ago when they had that big dealer cash/markting support offer.The car is fast enough for a women and inside is very slick.
Well, the dealer let us take one home for the night, so Heather could drive it tomorrow to confirm. So far the price is $1500 less than X-plan, along with the trade in on the POS Saturn......looks like we are going to own it tomorrow.

Only thing missing from it is the $2,000 sport trim package, i.e body moulding that I can either live without or buy later...

L8 APEX
12-21-2004, 01:38 AM
Kind of like dating, they beat you down until you're ready to sign jsut to get some sleep:D . Hopefully the car buying experience is over for a few years:tu: .

Lyfisin
12-21-2004, 08:09 AM
The last two Fords I got in 99 and 02, I got what was called a Z plan. My father-in-law retired from Ford. I'm not sure how far down the family tree you can get this for, but it works for immediate family members at least.

As mentioned by Sandman, employees get the A plan. I've never heard of a D. I'll have to ask about that one. :tu:

rickgig
12-23-2004, 01:37 AM
Some one over on the F150online forums was giving them away just for the asking. Last time I looked at the thread it was like 32 pages long.

I replied and asked for one so my 83 year old father in law could buy the new Lincoln pickup.

Took about 4 days but I got one via email.

True Blue Aggie
12-23-2004, 07:27 AM
I bought the new car last night. Had the x-plan pin number, but the dealer never asked for it. I just told them I had it. Thanks for the help in finding one though......