PDA

View Full Version : Side-Exit Exhaust delete

SpeedyBolt
12-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Does anybody know if someone has made a delete panel (ground effects) for the side exit exhaust? I am going to do some custom exhaust on my truck and am not going to be using the side exit anymore!

Sandman
12-22-2004, 05:19 PM
I would like to know this too.. I've been pondering this thought for awhile.

00Bolt
12-22-2004, 05:24 PM
iv seen someone do another side exhaust for the drivers side, but never take it away completely... why would you want too? i like that about it.... dumps or rear exit are too common

03LightningRocks
12-22-2004, 08:18 PM
The side exit makes a good weapon on the road........just pass them on their left...and give it WOT...:evil

SpeedyBolt
12-22-2004, 08:48 PM
The side exit makes a good weapon on the road........just pass them on their left...and give it WOT...:evil

This is true especially with tips like wesmans'! I think that a L.T.'s, true x-pipe, and two dumped mufflers would sound so bad ass on these trucks! I always have to do something different that everybody else on exhaust. I have the most disticntive sounding exhaust on my Trans Am (I have never heard anything close) and I would like to have the same on the L !!! :D

my2002lightning
12-22-2004, 08:54 PM
I believe Stan Martin/Ruslow has a one-off driver's side exit that mirrors the traditional Gen. II exhaust. See mine or MrsMy2002Lighting galleries for pics of it from Topeka '03.

Also, I remember some guy in Cali. that pulled an "old-school" side-pipe exhaust job on his silver '01 L. Looked good, but his exhaust guy said it was tough! Search around www.f150online.com for it - I'm on dial-up here.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bash.gif

Flats Man
12-22-2004, 09:57 PM
I am pretty sure that I have a side exhaust delet panel up in my attic somewhere! No kidding!!

00Bolt
12-23-2004, 09:34 AM
there used to be 2 guys in Mansfield that were brothers that both had Ls... a black and a red... I know the kid with the black one sold his and got a M3... but I believe the red one still has his.... anyway, my point is both of them had dumps and did sound pretty good... but they kept their side exhaust tips and everything so it still looked normal, just the tips didnt work (hey at least they would stay clean)

SpeedyBolt
12-23-2004, 11:01 AM
I am going to see how much I can make some for! My buisiness is making fiberglass re-production parts for classic cars so I've already got some idea how to do it! I would really like to be able to mold one out of the original type plastic though. I'll keep posting the status for anybody interested. :beer:

On another note, is it possible to have plastic powdercoated?

jeff56
12-23-2004, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't think so. I am sure the temperature reached in the baking process would be sufficient to melt the plastic. Maybe someone else can give you the actual temperature range, but I'm sure that'd be a no go.

BC Lightning
12-23-2004, 02:27 PM
a buddy of mine had his exhaust dumped, after about a week he put the exhaust back out the side because he said it rattled everything inside and there was too much interior noise

dboat
12-23-2004, 02:32 PM
On another note, is it possible to have plastic powdercoated?

Powdercoating is a heat and electrical process whereby the paint is sprayed and drawn to the product due to the opposite electrical charge that it has from the paint. Since plastic is non-conductive, it would seem that powdercoating is not an option.
Dana

jcblack
12-23-2004, 09:22 PM
There is a place called Chrome Dome that can supposedly powdercoat plastic.