PDA

View Full Version : R/C Cars

devildog92
12-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Good evening guys:

I am starting to get into the R/C hobnby, and need some direction please. Any ideas what company to go with, elec or gasoline, etc...I am a newbie, so I am not sure if I want to race in a circuit, but more than likely just good, clean fun with my son going out to parks and drive on the street with a REALLY fast, durable r/c car. Sugggestions are welcome...

Dan

Wht95Lightning
12-27-2004, 05:25 AM
I am not, but there are a few folks here that are really into rc. Here's a link to an old thread that you may find interesting.

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1605&highlight=remote+control

Also, if you di a search for "remote control" using this forums search function, you'll find more threads on the subject.

Or, you can wait til everyone else wakes up and I'm sure they will chime in. :d

Crawford
12-27-2004, 04:52 PM
I am thinking about getting into this hobby again myself. The two hobbies I had are no more. Racing the lightning and working out... sold the truck and blew up the shoulder. I have a huge greenbelt next to my house so I was thinking about getting a gas powered buggy at tearing sh1t up out there :D

PoorSvtman
12-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Im gonna get back into r/c this summer. Im in the process of rebuilding a traxxas rustler, even tho its been in pieces for about 6 months. :hammer:

Gonna do that and probly start racing BMX again

bigdale83
12-28-2004, 04:27 AM
Im gonna get back into r/c this summer. Im in the process of rebuilding a traxxas rustler, even tho its been in pieces for about 6 months. :hammer:

Gonna do that and probly start racing BMX again
man you know you have gotten too lazy in your old age to be riding a bike...it's all about anything with a motor now!

Sixpipes
12-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Hitting a concrete post at WOT didn't do much for the aluminum frame on my modded Savage. Repair will probably cost just under $100. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/524/8Savage_wreck-med.JPG

Climbing an asphalt pile under LBJ Freeway.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5319&sort=1&size=medium&cat=6003&page=1

jim woods
12-28-2004, 02:46 PM
To help pick a RC car out, we need more information.What are you Primarly going to be doing with the car? Are you going to be using it on Paved surfaces or off road surface? This is the most important question. Youngsters under 14 to me, should start out with electric. But you should go with Nitro car since you are an adult and know basic mechanical ability.If you going to be going off road bashing and racing.Go with something tuff and fast out of the box. Like a Savage 21 or a traxxas Revo. I use a Savage 21 for jumping and off raod crashing. For paved I got the fastest RC out of the box.A Schumaker Racing truck. It goes 70 mph. BUT if you crash at that speed you lost some $$. And parts hard sometimes hard to buy.

PoorSvtman
12-28-2004, 08:18 PM
man you know you have gotten too lazy in your old age to be riding a bike...it's all about anything with a motor now!

haha i still ride it, ask steve. Ive made his house a rest stop for the days after work when i ride. I only hope my knees will last a little bit longer

byrd35us
12-28-2004, 09:01 PM
I have been in the r/c scene for a while and I like electric and run all Team Associated equipment, they have stadium trucks, buggies, and road course cars. Its pretty fun but can get real expensive in a hurry. When I stop and think I could probably have a 10 sec. L if I would have put the money I put in my r/c cars into my truck.