PDA

View Full Version : Noise coming from the truck!

03BCLIGHTNING
12-29-2004, 07:51 PM
I was wondering if anybody has had a thumping noise coming from the bottom of their truck, its sounds like its right under the bed but close to the middle i dont have any idea what it clould be. I would think it could be my drive shaft or something else. It happens randomely when i drive and i also had a question on taking my front sway bar off, I have friends that have taken them off for better weight transfer, and was wondering if anyone had any success with this or ever heard of any lightning owners doing it? If so, what is the drive-ablity with it off, and did you notice any difference. TIA

Luis. :evil

99WhiteBeast
12-30-2004, 11:15 AM
When do you here the thumping? While turning, stopping.....etc

The sway bar removed (really just have to unbolt the end links) is said to help transfer wieght during a hard launch. It does effect handling if unbolted.

03BCLIGHTNING
12-30-2004, 04:56 PM
It makes the noise when just driving randomly.

Do you think I should take the sway bar off?

99WhiteBeast
12-30-2004, 11:54 PM
It makes the noise when just driving randomly.

Do you think I should take the sway bar off?
I say no on the sway bar- you won't like cornering as well:cool:

Not sure on your noise-take it to Terry and see what he can find.

03LightningRocks
12-31-2004, 12:02 AM
On the noise....it's hard to say from reading about it.

On the sway bar......Steve is correct about the handling. I have had mine off for quite a while and I will say that the corning without it is a bit tricky. I don't do much hard street driving so it really isn't an issue for me. At the track, it helped alot with my launch, but how much it helps may depend on how much power your making. I pulled mine off after I got it in the low 12's and was able to launch harder without breaking loose. It feels pretty heavy to, so you may knock a lttle off your E.T.'s.

Rocks