PDA

View Full Version : Autotap data logging output

my2002lightning
12-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Well, I got the laptop and the Autotap (Enhanced) out yesterday and datalogged a run from lunch with Elaine and ran back to Frisco.

This was taken off from a service road and running down the George Bush and then up the North Tollway and then some stop-go on side-streets to show how much IAT1/IAT2 temps climb when not cruising.

In a nutshell, IAT1 is right at outside temp while cruising, but in-town, it climbs 20-30 deg. F.+ over outside temps.

I cleaned up the 1st huge .xls quite a bit from the Generic/Enhanced logging, since it had TONS of readings which I wasn't really concerned with, for now.

Generic Parameters:
http://www.autotap.com/generic_parameters.asp

Enhanced Parameters:
http://www.autotap.com/enhanced_parameters_ford.asp

Basically, it was 64 F outside yesterday and all I have is an AirRaid intake and PR's Big-Mouth. The 1st .xls is the original - the 2nd is edited.

I'm sure this is "old-hat" for some on TALON, but I received a PM a while back regarding AutoTap and some of the readings I could gather.

Ronald

WA 2 FST
12-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Always good to have additional info, Ronald. Thanks. Looks like the difference in some cases was nearing 40^. I can only imagine what it would be if you were going full throttle up and down the tollroad.

Where exactly is the IAT2 sensor located?

Silver_2000
12-30-2004, 08:06 PM
IAT1 is in the filter and IAT2 is in the intake south of the supercharger and the intercooler

99WhiteBeast
12-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Is the software vehicle specific or can it be used on a range of Ford vehicles (all OBDII compliant)?

my2002lightning
12-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Steve,

The setup I have is Ford specific. Just enter your VIN and it'll read anything Ford OBDII compliant. I'm looking to what it can tell me regarding A/F and S/C psi. Anyone run an Autotap before on a Gen. II ?

I'm not sure why my first .xls attachment turned out funky. I have my original .xls with ALL the readings. I'm looking at formatting to attach and follow-up soon.

Ronald

99WhiteBeast
12-31-2004, 12:24 AM
Let me ask this another way. Can you use the software copy on more than one vehicle or are you locked once you enter your vin?

my2002lightning
12-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Steve,

My understanding is that it can read ANY Ford product with an OBDII port. Not sure why it prompts for a VIN. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

I can check for sure tomorrow and hook it up to Elaine's car and see.

03LightningRocks
12-31-2004, 12:28 AM
Ronald

There is really no accurate way to read A/F's with the auto tap. There is a formula you can use to see what your o2's think the A/F is...but it will not jive with what a wide band will read. Usually it shows much leaner than what you are actually running. The computer doesn't rely on the O2's when in open loop anyway...so it is pointless. I can try to find the formula for you though.

Boost pressure is also a no go. You can check your MAF voltage though...which is what really matters for tuning anyway. As long as it is no going above 5 volts...it will keep the A/F fairly constant no matter the boost.

Rocks

Silver_2000
12-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Steve,

My understanding is that it can read ANY Ford product with an OBDII port. Not sure why it prompts for a VIN. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

I can check for sure tomorrow and hook it up to Elaine's car and see.
It asks for the VIN so it knows which parameters to show

03LightningRocks
12-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Let me ask this another way. Can you use the software copy on more than one vehicle or are you locked once you enter your vin?

No, it is not VIN locked. I have used it to check everything form our company vans...to my 97 F150 to my Lightning. Just enter the vin of the vehicle your data logging. It is only for 1997-2003 only. Maybe the 2004's...but I am not sure about that since I don't have any 04 vehicles.

Rocks

Silver_2000
12-31-2004, 12:32 AM
Let me ask this another way. Can you use the software copy on more than one vehicle or are you locked once you enter your vin?The autotap will work on ANY Ford ( or any odbII vehicle if he bought the expensive one ) - it doesnt matter
Used to have an Autotap - sold it to Microsuck
I now have the NGS that does the same readings ...

03LightningRocks
12-31-2004, 12:32 AM
It asks for the VIN so it knows which parameters to show

:tu:

03LightningRocks
12-31-2004, 12:34 AM
LOL......it's good to see we are in agreement Doug:rll: .It almost looks like double posts.......

03LightningRocks
12-31-2004, 12:44 AM
Ronald.............multiply your O2 voltage by 14.64. Your O2 voltage will be in millivolts...so remember to put a decimal in front of the voltage reading. For instance...if the auto tap shows a reading of 790, you would multiply .790 times 14.64(stoichiometric)=11.57. But remember...this reading is usually leaner than what a true wide band would show at the exhaust. Don't know why...it just is...LOL.

03LightningRocks
12-31-2004, 12:52 AM
Looking at your data sheet, it looks like you have the MAF recording the wrong data. Choose MAF voltage/AD counts insead of the lbs/minute

my2002lightning
12-31-2004, 01:31 AM
Doug,

I bought the Enhanced version that records all readings listed in the original urls above.

Rocks,

Here is the original spreadsheet in the raw form - minus the Celsius readings and some other stuff to meet the 100K attachment req. I'd have Elaine make it more readable, but she's napping.

I'll have to figure out how to turn off those annoying Time-Stamp readings all over the place. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bash.gif

Ronald

03LightningRocks
12-31-2004, 01:46 AM
Check your P.M. Ronald. Alot of the stuff your logging, isn't really needed. By setting up less parameters, you will get more slices of data per second.

It looks like you did get the O2 sensor milivolts. Now just do the math using 14.64 and you will at least know what the O2's think your A/F is. I would be willing to bet you where in open loop the majority of that log. I am just basing that on the cylinder head temps of 180 degrees.

Check for the MAF voltage/ad counts in your list of choices and turn the other MAF readings off.